Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion [Done v1.5.0] Wrong use of HTTP_SERVER in gv_mail.php in admin

Hi,

The gv_mail.php script sends mail for gift vouchers to customers. In this script, all urls in mails are created with the HTTP_SERVER variable. While the url's direct to the catalog, the base URL should be HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.

In my case my catalog is hosted with a different domain name than my admin, and this is causing issues.

I changed it myself in the code for now but it would be better if it got fixed in the product.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wrong use of HTTP_SERVER in gv_mail.php in admin

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle View Post
    In my case my catalog is hosted with a different domain name than my admin, and this is causing issues.
    Your point is noted.

Question: How "different" are your HTTP_SERVER and HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER settings?

Many people mistakenly include their admin foldername in the HTTP_SERVER setting, when it should really be part of the DIR_WS_ADMIN setting instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Done v1.5.0] Wrong use of HTTP_SERVER in gv_mail.php in admin

For my particular application the admin side and storefront side are located two separate servers.

The admin server is only accessible from an internal network, which prevents access from outside the firewall.

We've updated the /admin/gv_mail.php file to reflect HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER constants, and it's working perfectly now.

Thank you,

Scott

It's a geek thing. If I had to explain it, you wouldn't understand.