Plugin Contributions

Default Images Advice Needed Please

Hello,

I've got v1.3.9f running using zenflavor's free template 1 and shipping rates in cart mod .. php 5.3

I'd like to get a nicer full-size image display system for my product info pages, perhaps a lightbox. Currently when clicked for larger image .. in Firefox opens a tiny new window which has to be resized to see the image .. in IE7 it opens a new tab which acts strangely starting out w/the image at the bottom and then it moves up. Not what I want.

I don't know what to install to get a smooth professional display. I don't even know if Image Handler 1 is installed in v1.3.9f to see if I have to uninstall it and put in IH2. I was thinking of using Fual Slimbox or Zen Lightbox but don't know if either is compatible with my cart as it is, or what I need to do to make it so.

I've searched all over the forum and am now more confused than I was. I'm new at this.

Any assistance will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU!

Here is the address of my shop: (space inserted)
    http://s erved-al-dente.com/ourshop

Default Re: Images Advice Needed Please

Hi Noodles,

My understanding is that Fual Slimbox and Zen Lightbox are compatible with IH2. I don't know anything about IH1, but the ReadMe files for IH1 and IH2 will probably help you considerably as they are quite detailed and specific.

Which lightbox mod you use is a matter of personal choice. I'm using Zen Lightbox and I absolutely love it. I'm getting ready to install IH2 this evening after having read through the ReadMe file that comes in the download pack and realizing they are totally compatible and, from what I see around the forum, the devs of those two mods interact with each other to resolve issues whenever possible.

Since I haven't installed IH2 yet, I can't yet say that I love it, but from reading the documentation and having experience with other mods worked on by IH2's devs, I can say that I'm looking forward to loving it.

The documentation that comes with it is phenomenal, and the support thread for it is active, the devs are responsive and helpful.

In my opinion, installing IH2 with Zen Lightbox will resolve the issues you have identified as wanting to fix.

In terms of your ZC version, I would guess your ZC version is compatible, but please check the ReadMe's rather than take my word for it.

You mention not knowing if IH1 is installed in your current version of ZC. To find out, I recommend downloading IH1 and looking through the files. Then take a peek at your corresponding ZC folders and see if you have any of those files in there.

Because I don't have IH1 installed and am not familiar with it, I can't say for sure, but based on IH2, I would guess that another place to look is in your admin....see if you have an IH1 option under either "configure" or "tools".

Hope this helps :)

Tip: IH2 ReadMe is extensive and thoroughly helpful. Be sure to read it all the way through before you start the installation process. Zen Lightbox ReadMe is also quite good and should also be read all the way through before beginning installation.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Hi ScriptJunkie,

Thanks for responding. I searched as you advised and didn't find the exact same files, but I believe I have IH2 which IS compatible with Zen Lightbox. So I installed it and it is working perfectly. Thank you for giving me the confidence to make a choice.

You're very welcome, glad to help
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary