Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts

Hi,

It gives me great pleasure to release the latest version of the Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts module for Zen Cart...

Let the customer choose the best-value payment method!

Module Overview

This order total module links in with payment modules to allow the application of surcharges/discounts for particular payment methods (e.g. Visa Credit Card Payments or Mastercard Credit Card Payments).
    • This allows the store to pass on the exact payment charges to the customer!

• If the store has several payment methods, setting different surcharges/discounts for the different payment methods can encourage customers to use the store's preferred payment method, as they can choose the one with the best value!

Often payment providers charge differing amounts for local transactions and foreign transactions, so the surcharges/discounts can even be specified based on the country the customer is in and/or the currency the payment is being taken in!

This module is designed to be used in conjunction with the supported payment modules, it cannot be used on its own.

Supported payment modules:

• Ceon Cardsave Direct

• Ceon Manual Card

• Ceon Iridium Direct

• Ceon Realex Remote

• Ceon Sage Pay Direct

• PayPal IPN (Requires simple core code modifications, sample code included in the distribution)

Downloads

The software can be downloaded immediately from the Ceon website. It has also been submitted to the downloads area and should be available there shortly.

Enjoy! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts

Hi,

I'm very sorry to say that a typo (a single letter missing ) meant that tables of short descriptions weren't being made use of:

[BUGFIX] Typo in variable name for tables of short descriptions meant that they were never going to be used.

A new version, 3.0.1, has been released, downloadable at the above address, and submitted to the Zen Cart downloads area to replace the version 3.0.0 currently there.

I'm very sorry about this lack of quality control, I don't know how the "final" version of 3.0.0 didn't make it into the archive. 3.0.1 fixes that oversight.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I face some problem and hope you can help me. I try to use your code in paypal express checkout. What I did is to migrate your Ceon code paypal.php to paypalwpp.php. Everything works fine including total order page.

However, I realize that the order summary in paypal page does not include the credit card fees. For example:

Your order summary

Descriptions Amount
    Shipping and handling $7.50
    Total $1,176.47 SGD

I know that I have to change the code in the below function but I am not sure where to change.

/**
    * Prepare subtotal and line-item detail content to send to PayPal
    */
    function getLineItemDetails($restrictedCurrency)

Can you give me some advise?

Also, do you know where can I see the log file for:
    $this->zcLog('getLineItemDetails 10', 'subtotals balance - okay');?
    Do I need to turn on something before I can see the log?

Thanks,
    yueweng

Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon payment surcharge for Paypal Express

Can you give me some advice!!

I have reached the same point with Paypal Express and

function getLineItemDetails($restrictedCurrency)

and while I would be more than happy to pay/donate to Conor of Ceon to implement the change he is very unfortunately not available.

So, did you fix it and can you post the snippet for this final stage?

thanks
    Steve
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,
    Hope you have take care of you!

I try this mod with paypal IPN on zencart 1.39h but the surcharge is display as i want but not added or update on the order and customer dont' pay the surcharge!

I use FEC (Fast easy checkout) maybe the bug is here?

And also it's put by default payment paypal and i don't want this!

Regards

Séb
    Last edited by triumph; 21 Feb 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Séb,

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I try this mod with paypal IPN on zencart 1.39h but the surcharge is display as i want but not added or update on the order and customer dont' pay the surcharge!
    It does certainly work fine with the IPN module.

That sounds like the "reset" part of the script is running when not expected to.

I use FEC (Fast easy checkout) maybe the bug is here?
    I thought I'd tested it with FEC, and certainly there's support in it for the file fec_confirmation which I added.. maybe you have a new version of the software or my testing didn't find a reset problem, I'm not sure.

Is the surcharge displayed on the confirmation page right before you press "confirm"? (If FEC has this that is).

If so, then please get in contact privately with FTP and admin details and I'll take a look and see if I can see what the problem with the reset is (guessing a $current_page_base conflict).

And also it's put by default payment paypal and i don't want this!
    That's nothing to do with this module... you need to set the Sort Order for each payment module to something other than 0, in the order you want them to be displayed.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi Séb,

That's nothing to do with this module... you need to set the Sort Order for each payment module to something other than 0, in the order you want them to be displayed.

ceon
    Hi thanks, i can't order each payment module or select one by default, there is no options for them!

Séb

Plugin Contributions

Hi Séb.

Hi thanks, i can't order each payment module or select one by default, there is no options for order them!
    As I said.. this isn't the appropriate thread for this, this is nothing to do with the Payment Surcharges/Discounts module!

Ordering of payment modules is done through the "Sort Order" setting of each module.. you need to set the value for each module one by one in Modules - > Payment.

Please don't post again about this, you can search the forum for more help if you are still stuck with that or with the selection of the "default" payment module.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I regret to advise you that Conor has unexpectedly passed away. Please see http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?202939
    Of course, do post your message as others may be able to help you with this module.