Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net "Bill To First Name is required." when doing a refund

When attempting to refund a customer earlier today, a client of mine received this error:

Bill To First Name is required.

We've got 1.3.9h using the Authorize.net AIM module.

I haven't seen anyone else with this trouble, so far and I'm wondering if Authorize.net has changed something and the module needs to be updated?

I appreciate any help,

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bill To First Name is required.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net refund problem.

I first posted this in the wrong thread, sorry!

When attempting to refund a customer earlier today, a client of mine received this error:

Bill To First Name is required.

We've got 1.3.9h using the Authorize.net AIM module.

I haven't seen anyone else with this trouble, so far and I'm wondering if Authorize.net has changed something and the module needs to be updated?

I appreciate any help,

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net "Bill To First Name is required." when doing a refund

That's a new one.
    I'd need to see the transaction logs from that request in order to sort out what's going on.
    You'll need to turn on debug logging in your AIM module, and then recreate the problem. Then post the logged info here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As it happens, I had debugging on and there is no entry for the attempted transaction. This leads me to believe the problem is somewhere else. I'll have to poke into the module to see if there's validation that's failing.
    Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I got this error too, until I unchecked the "Required" of the Account / Payment Form / Form fields / Address in the Authorize.net Merchant interface (https://test.authorize.net/)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cdumitru View Post
    I got this error too, until I unchecked the "Required" of the Account / Payment Form / Form fields / Address in the Authorize.net Merchant interface (https://test.authorize.net/)
    I passed this info to my client. Thank you for the followup!

Btw, and at the risk of gushing, I really appreciate this forum and the good people who not only develop but show up here to help.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cdumitru View Post
    For some reason I had to disable every 'required' field. Shortly after, and thanks to the Fraud Detection Suite, we caught an attempt to place a highly suspicious order. The Authorize.net people said the reason it even went through was because of the disabled 'required' fields.

I'm hoping there is a better way to implement the refund process inside Zen Cart. Until then, I've advised my client to handle refunds directly through authorize.net.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm confused. The "required fields" feature is used only by the SIM method, not the AIM method.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem. im running zen cart 1.5 and Authorize.net (AIM)
    did anyone find a solution for this? thank you!