Plugin Contributions

Default Please urgent,Email layouts updated on server but no changes when customer receives

Hi everyone,

I have such a problem that I have changed WElcome Email and Order Confirmation Email a bit (just put my logo insted of zencart, deleted powered by zencart and some text like no Reviews writing,Email disclaimer text changed). When I look at the Welcome Email in Admin,it all looks new and fine,but when I send it to customer and copy to myself, it is just the way it was before I changed it. Here are the files I changed:

includes/languages/english/mytemplate/create_account.php
    includes/languages/english/create_account.php
    logo.jpg in admin/images

I am just lost and have no idea what to do next. On my hosting server all the files uploaded new but it does not matter.Maybe I have to change anyhing else?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please urgent,Email layouts updated on server but no changes when customer receiv

Please help:-(I still do not know how to solve the problem, I changed all the files that I have found in Tools-->Developers tool kit...Still nothing is happening. I read all the similar posts and tutorials but nothing seems to help here. I use custom template from blingthemes (estorenow) and I really need this to be done. Can there be any problem with server?I don't understand why it is not working properly...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please urgent,Email layouts updated on server but no changes when customer receiv

here is my store if it may help,u cen register and test it using normal checkout,not paypal one (it is bank transfer):-):
    glamorousbags dot com dot au

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ms_X, did anybody ever bother to reply to you? I'm having a similar problem, except that I can't get images to show in e-mails, but I've pretty much given up asking for help in this forum because nobody bothers/knows how to help... :-(

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Emails with images would be html-formatted. Those templates are in the /email/ folder.

All the language/text content for emails is stored in the language files for the respective pages which generate those emails, so that's the place to make the edits. Remember with language files that if you've created overrides for individual templates you need to make the changes in the appropriate files relative to your template.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte, yes, the problem is that I cannot get the images to print, although the paths appear correct. This is a problem I'm having throughout the site. I put in a path to e.g. images/logo.gif but when I save the page, the path is updated with a http://blah/blah/blah prefix. I go back in and update the page and the same thing happens. The e-mails I am sure are not working for the same reason. There must be a setting somewhere that is automatically inserting the prefix only I don't know what it is or where it is :-( I have posted this several times on the forum but you are the first person to ever bother respond, so thank you very much for taking the time :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee17 View Post
    I have posted this several times on the forum but you are the first person to ever bother respond, so thank you very much for taking the time :-)
    I see *one* time where you posted it: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173586

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.