Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Powered by Zen Cart-The Art of E Commerce & Sales message Goes here.

I am trying to remove Remove "Powered by Zen Cart-The Art of E Commerce & Sales message Goes here." I have tried the following instructions

To change the “Sales Message Goes Here” or “Tagline Here” text to say what you want open the includes/languages/english/header.php file in your text editor. Find the following line of code:

define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'Tagline Here');

Replace the tagline text with your own text, making sure that the single quote marks are not left out.

Save the edited file to includes/languages/english/custom/header.php and upload it to your server.

But still the message is sitting on my home page. It appears like a banner just under home page bar. But it is not found in Baner in admin.

I am setting up my Zen cart on line in my hosts site.

Can any body help. I am at the end of my tether.

Thanks
    I Wish I Could

Plugin Contributions

Default My browser bar says "Zen Cart!, The Art of ...", where do I change that?

I have tried the steps below to change what the browser says. I have entered what I want the browser to say but it still remains as before.

To change the title text to say what you want, open the includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php file in your text editor. Find the following line of code:

// page title
    define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart!');

// Site Tagline
    define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');

Replace the title and tagline text with your own text, making sure that the single quote marks are not left out and new quote marks are not added.

I tried all the above but my browser listing still has the old title & tag line. I am making the changes in my Zen Cart on line with my host.

Can anyone help.

I wish I could

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My browser bar says "Zen Cart!, The Art of ...", where do I change that?

What template are you using??

It is not recommended to use the editors in a host provided manager for php files

Better to use a FTP client to bring them to your local and a code editor to edit - then FTP to upload them
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Powered by Zen Cart-The Art of E Commerce & Sales message Goes here.

******************************* DUPLICATE POST *******************************

Please do not post the same issue more than once
    Add to your original if you have additional information
    Follow forum posting guidelines

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.php

Other Post
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173707
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My browser bar says "Zen Cart!, The Art of ...", where do I change that?

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post

It is not recommended to use the editors in a host provided manager for php files

Better to use a FTP client to bring them to your local and a code editor to edit - then FTP to upload them

My two questions are different. The first question applies to "Powered by Zen Cart the art of E Commerce" in a small box at top left of my home page. To right of box is "Sales message goes here"

I have tried to follow instruction in FAQ's and my host help video's. I removed text as instructed. But they are still sitting on my home page. Have a look at www.alduz.com

Can you help my remove them.

I am using Classic template.

I was not able to load Zen Cart to my PC. So I can only make changes with Zen Cart live on my host. I have successfully made other changes.

Do you still suggest to use FTP client to bring them to my local and a code editor to edit.

Any other advice would help.

I wish I could

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post

This queston is about searching my domain name.

If you do a search in Google of Alduz.com the headin on my listing is "Zen Cart!, The Art of ...". I have made changes in includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php on my host control panel but Still "Zen Cart!, The Art of ...". take up the first line and not my own name and tag line.

Can you help with any ideas about this?

I wish I could