Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with attributes being covered by left column...

I switched today to the All Business template and now that I'm using that my attributes for my products aren't showing right so peole can select them. An example is below.
    http://onlyseadoo.com/index.php?main...products_id=36
    If you look down at the attributes you'll see the descriptions and check boxes are cut off for some. I thought if I moved some of the left column items to the right column that would fix it but no luck. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm gonna be losing money if I can't figure this out so any prompt help is appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with attributes being covered by left column...

The problem you describe only happens in IE7 (IE8 Compatibility View), not Firefox or IE8, so is likely due to some IE bug or unique IE7 error handling.
    Validation shows that you have 7 HTML errors on a page; there is at least one for a broken product description table and one for the mainWrapper div not being closed. Those could easily mess up a page layout and need to be fixed.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...oducts_id%3D36

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    The problem you describe only happens in IE7 (IE8 Compatibility View), not Firefox or IE8, so is likely due to some IE bug or unique IE7 error handling.
    Validation shows that you have 7 HTML errors on a page; there is at least one for a broken product description table and one for the mainWrapper div not being closed. Those could easily mess up a page layout and need to be fixed.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...oducts_id%3D36
    Thanks for the tips but I noticed although that validator seems to suggest things are missing, when you look at the actual code for the products they are ok. Also when I try that page in firefox, although you then can select the attributes the layout still doesn't show right. I was using the classic template that comes with ZenCart and it worked fine. I managed to mess up my classic by deleting a template folder I thought wasn't being used so figured I could use the All Business and be fine. I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall everything to get this mess fixed!

Plugin Contributions

I guess I'm going to switch back to Classic and see if I can figure out what I did to lose my right column (lost everything when I deleted the folder mentioned previously).

Plugin Contributions

The year/model table is missing the <tbody><tr> it should have, and the <FONT> is out of place.

<TABLE BORDER=9> <FONT SIZE=1> <td width=50 align=center>...

Those may or may bot be causing the problem, but inadequate error handling in IE7 sounds like a reasonable diagnosis.

Even in Classic, your page output cuts off abruptly after the search sidebox form, which is a big problem. You need to find out what is happening to cause that. Look for the latest "myDebug" file in /cache/ and post what it says.

Plugin Contributions

I ended up finding the problem after digging through several past posts using Google. You were on the right track about the IE problem. There is a mistake in the includes/templates/all_business/css/ie7.css file.

This line needed removed:

#productAttributes {float:left;margin-left:-350px;margin-top:70px;}

and the line:

#productAttributes {float:left;}

Needs removed from the includes/templates/all_business/css/ie6.css file.

I'm not great with programming but I guess the float:left parts were causing the attributes to be "under" the left column where they can't be accessed. It's not perfect but all the attributes can now be accessed. Thanks I'm new to this stuff but the help is appreciated!
    Last edited by OnlySeaDoo; 8 Feb 2011 at 08:36 AM.