Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with value in "Products Price (Net):" and "Products Price (Gross)

Hi

My site is VAT enable (UK sale tax), and the figure in "Products Price (Net):" and "Products Price (Gross):" should be different. But In admin area, sometimes it appear both figures are same. however, the front end is always correct.

the site is V1.3.9f, but it was upgraded many times from 1st install around v1.3.6.

Can someone please help to fix it?

many thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with value in "Products Price (Net):" and "Products Price (Gross)

You're talking about the pricing fields in the admin "Edit Product" screen, right?

The value is calculated based on the tax rates set up in your store and the tax class you assigned to the product.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with value in "Products Price (Net):" and "Products Price (Gross)

I have exactly the same problem. The Net and Gross prices is always displayed in the admin pages exactly the same. VAT set at 20% so one would expect the values to be 100 and 120 in relative terms.

My workaround is to price items as nett price and the final shop display price comes out right but it does not seem entirely logical.

Using ver 1.3.9.

Not sure what happens if someone orders from outside VAT area ie non-EU - havn't checked.

Plugin Contributions

PS basis of Product & Shipping Tax = Shipping
    Shipping set as non taxable

Plugin Contributions

I'm using the newest version on ZC.
    http://e-aiand.com/veebipood

The same's here: "Products price (Net):" and "Products Price (Gross):" display the same when I look at invoices in admin area. Also, the Shipping and Handling costs show up without VAT.
    Basis of Product & Shipping Tax = Store, shipping set as taxable.

Nevertheless, customers get correct invoices via e-mail... What could be the problem? How to solve it? I need to print out invoices for book-keeping records - but in such a way I can not use them.

An another problem is that special characters do not display properly in e-mails sent from ZC (and only there): fe instead of 'ä' I got 'Ƥ' or, if using the HTML code for it, 'ä' (or even hieroglyphs - but never the needed 'öäõü').

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robinast View Post
    I'm using the newest version on ZC.
    http://e-aiand.com/veebipood

The same's here: "Products price (Net):" and "Products Price (Gross):" display the same when I look at invoices in admin area. Also, the Shipping and Handling costs show up without VAT.
    Basis of Product & Shipping Tax = Store, shipping set as taxable.

Nevertheless, customers get correct invoices via e-mail... What could be the problem? How to solve it? I need to print out invoices for book-keeping records - but in such a way I can not use them.
    I can't begin to tell you how much stress, cost and time this is causing us. But the way it's being treated in http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1002814 you'd think it wasn't a problem. Anyway, have a look at that thread and see if it seems familiar. I'm trying to gather enough evidence to submit a solid bug report!