Plugin Contributions

Default Express Checkout order- In paypal not in Cart

I have an issue where there is an order in paypal via express checkout... however, it isn't in my cart's orders section. I only found out about this order because I sent an email to the customer for having what I thought was an abandoned cart. (Using the abandoned cart add-on).

I have the Stuck PayPal addon but it doesn't show up there either. So, the question is how do I force this shopping cart into my orders section of the db so I can proceed with processing then shipping it. So, it displays in the customer's account for history and tracking etc...?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

*I confirmed the order details in PayPal.. just no order details in zen-cart.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Express Checkout order- In paypal not in Cart

Just got off the phone with PayPal...

Steps to force the IPN to Zen-Cart.

1. Login to PayPal
    2. Click My Account Tab
    3. Click Profile in Sub-Menu (far right one line down from the Tabs)
    4. Look for the section named (Selling preferences)
    5. Click on (Instant Payment Notification preferences) link
    6. In the first paragraph on this page look for the link (IPN History page) Click that
    7. Either click the Search button with the default (Last Day (24 hours)) or change to (Last 5 Days)
    8. Look for the transaction number your customer provided you.
    9. Place a check box for affected transaction(s)
    10. Click on the [Resend Selected] button.
    11. Wait up to 5 minutes for the IPN to be sent to your Store

Bingo! The transaction should be there.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um, you said this was Express Checkout, right?
    Are you sure?
    The symptoms you describe are unsurprising IF you're using the IPN module (Website Payments Standard) ...

... but if you're truly using Express Checkout, then the order should show in your admin ... unless a server error happened between the payment and the split-second later when the order is saved in your store.

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is listed in the Express Checkout section of the Payment Modules:

PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.3.8a)
    Manage your PayPal account.

Configuration Instructions:
    1. Sign up for your PayPal account - click here.
    2. Ensure you have entered the appropriate security data for username/pwd etc, below.
    3. In your PayPal account, enable Instant Payment Notification:
    under "Profile", select Instant Payment Notification Preferences

* click the checkbox to enable IPN
    * if there is not already a URL specified, set the URL to:
    https://www.mywebsite.com/locationof...in_handler.php
    Would that be safe to assume that even Express Checkout uses the IPN? ...For whatever reason the process that the PayPal tech told me worked.

Oh, in addition I am a Website Payments Pro merchant and have to have Express Checkout Enabled. (which normally works just fine. It was only one order that slipped through to PayPal and not displayed in my cart)

*Yeah... still using 1.3.8a I have heavily modded the core files of .8a and didn't make good use of the overrides early on.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, yes, even Express Checkout uses IPN, but Zen Cart generally ignores those IPNs because they would be duplicates of the transaction information *already* saved when the EC transaction was completed. ZC never expects to insert an order into the store from an IPN generated by an EC transaction.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.