Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Super slow load times on my GoDaddy-hosted site

What are some things that would slow down the loading of pages on my site and my admin? It is crazy slow, sometimes 2-3 minutes to load a single page.

Thanks for any and all help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super slow load times

As I mentioned before:
    So, if both your storefront and your admin are experience slowness, then that's telling you that your server is overloaded and cannot handle the demands you (and the many other sites hosted with it) are placing on it.
    That's the most common cause.

Turn on the display of page load times and report back what you're seeing in the numbers. What's your URL where we can see it?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can you please remind me where I find the parse time to turn it on?

Thanks

Link is www.paracordwraps.com

Plugin Contributions

Ok I found it and turned it on

Plugin Contributions

One thing I see that doesn't help is all your images that has to load being anywhere from 46kb to 156kb. Installing ImageHandler2 could greatly reduce the size, AND load time.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For just 8 products I wouldn't bother with the trouble of ImageHandler. I'd just put up optimized images in each of the 3 sizes by hand: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=58
    And I'd optimize your template images too, such as your header graphic which loads slowly.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Parse Time is the total time to prepare the page for the browser to start seeing data to download and display.
    Part of the Parse Time is the amount of time the server waits for the database to respond. The rest of the time is the time it takes to process all the non-database PHP requests.

Parse Time: 6.123 - Number of Queries: 191 - Query Time: 4.1760523379211
    Parse Time: 1.525 - Number of Queries: 516 - Query Time: 1.0023286515045
    Parse Time: 3.258 - Number of Queries: 181 - Query Time: 2.4294939634705
    Parse Time: 0.660 - Number of Queries: 181 - Query Time: 0.31478967068481
    Parse Time: 2.617 - Number of Queries: 1651 - Query Time: 2.0244448314819

With the times I just captured from your site, in every case the majority of the total "Parse Time" is taken up in large part by the "Query Time" portion. This tells me that whatever part of your server is handling database data is running too slowly ... likely overloaded by too many users.
    If you're on a shared server with thousands of other websites, then this slowdown comes as no surprise.
    This is a CLASSIC GoDaddy problem. Just peruse the forum for the multitude of reports of the same problem on their servers.
    And, since you're hosted on GoDaddy, your only option is to switch hosting companies. Sure, GD will try to upsell you to their grossly overpriced "dedicated" packages where you'll get the same crappy performance for much more money. Better to use one of the Certified Hosts mentioned at the top of this page. Probably wise to consider one who you see participating here on the forums regularly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    One thing I see that doesn't help is all your images that has to load being anywhere from 46kb to 156kb. Installing ImageHandler2 could greatly reduce the size, AND load time.
    Ok, is that a free add on and is it easy to do?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super slow load times on my GoDaddy-hosted site

Ok, thanks for the info Dr. Byte. Yes I am on a shared server.

I will try and look into some of your suggestions

Thanks for the help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super slow load times on my GoDaddy-hosted site

Please understand I'm not wanting to be the bearer of bad news. I'm just presenting the facts as I see them. Especially the ones I see over and over and over again.

When you do decide to change hosts, a good one will usually handle the transfer of your site from your old server to the new one for you. If they don't, then I suggest shopping around a bit more. If they refuse it's not that they don't *want* to do it: it's that they're not keeping up with their Zen Cart skills very well, and you probably don't want them no matter how good the price. But, if you're stuck doing the move on your own, it's documented here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast