Plugin Contributions

Default [Not a ZC Bug] Duplicate use of order numbers v1.3.9h

Hello
    About three weeks ago I did a clean install of v1.3.9h the data base was from my 1.38. The site has a few addons nothing new this time from the 1.38 version.

The order generation is not working properly in that it is using the same order number more then once. It sends both orders using the same number to our email notification but it only shows one order in our admin page. There are still some orders that are processing correctly so it is intermittent and we first notice this problem a little over a week after starting to use the new version. Drop me a note if you have any ideas of what might be going on. The site is at www.makupartist.com
    Thanks for your help
    Cheers
    T
    Last edited by tbokich; 26 Feb 2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: adding web link

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate use of order numbers v1.3.9h

I'm not sure I understand. Zen Cart cannot use the same order number more than once, because the order number is based on a unique-only field in the database, which prevents it from ever re-using an existing order number.

Have you installed or written some addons that have changed how your store handles order numbers?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    No I just did a fresh install, everything went well. I just had it send through an order 443 that was already used by another customer, at the same time order 444 was already there but it skipped back to order 443. The original customer who used 443 does show in my admin but the second one is not recorded but I do have now have two email notifications for 443. Should I try a repair on the data base or something else?
    Thanks
    T

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I repaired the database tables and optimized them but when I run a check in phpMyAdmin I get this message
    latexinn_zen139.configuration check warning Found row where the auto_increment column has the ...
    latexinn_zen139.configuration check status OK
    latexinn_zen139.configuration_group check warning Found row where the auto_increment column has the ...
    latexinn_zen139.configuration_group check status OK

All other tables came up Ok
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by tbokich; 7 Mar 2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Seems pretty clear that you've got a database integrity problem.

You'll need to verify that all the structures match the original official structures, and repair any damaged data.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    The error message is in the configuration table and I compared the old one with the new one and the only difference I could find was on Cardinality, the original looks like this: PRIMARY BTREE Yes No configuration_id 882 A
    unq_config_key_zen BTREE Yes No configuration_key 882 A
    idx_key_value_zen BTREE No No configuration_key 882 A
    configuration_value (10) 882
    and the new one in version 139 looks like this: PRIMARY BTREE Yes No configuration_id 871 A
    unq_config_key_zen BTREE Yes No configuration_key 871 A
    idx_key_value_zen BTREE No No configuration_key 871 A
    configuration_value (10) 871

Is it standard for it to be 882?
    Thanks
    T

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Looks like I fixed it by turning off and on auto increment. I just did a test purchases and it advanced the count
    T