Plugin Contributions

Default Add New Product button not working correctly

Zen Cart 1.3.8p3
    Patch: 1::
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2010-04-18 21:38:38] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.8 [2010-04-18 21:38:38] (Fresh Installation)
    So, we're opening a store. First product line, our test model, Is Southwest Style Jewelry that i make from recycled computer parts.
    I haven't seen this problem occurring anywhere else, so here goes. As far as I can see the install looked perfect. sign in, check.
    add category, check.
    add subcategory, check. Add Product, no-go.

In the Add New Product dialog,shown in the center, I click the button and expect to be taken to the next level of dialog, the one on the left shows it. It's a video tutorial at blogadr.com. Instead it takes me directly to the catalog as displayed to a customer on the site, without all those bothersome and pesky steps of actually adding the product, the image, the cost etc... as shown in the one on the right. foebia dot com

And that's as far as it gets. I can add new categories and subcategories with no problem whatsoever. put up an image for each category.

The Video Tutorial shows a wonderfully easy to use interface, I've dealt with eBay and Amazon and their not-quite-as-easy interfaces.

But this problem is applying rapid pedal impacts to my gluteus maximus.
    It's kicking my err... "hips" in english.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zen-help.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	7442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	product.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	7443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webpage.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	7444  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add New Product button not working correctly

I don't know anything about the Video Tutorial, but your images are too small to see anything on, and aren't clickable.

There's only one actual 'level' when creating a product in Zencart. After you enter all the info, you click 'Preview' then 'Insert' on the next page, which saves the product and its information to the database. Is that the point where it's failing for you?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, when I sign in, and go to the products subcategory Jonahs Jewelry > Necklaces, and click the add new product button, that's supposed to open the form for adding a new product... instead it takes me to the Jonahs Jewelry > Necklaces section of the store, foebia dot com this is the first thing I've tried adding, it was installed to the site on the 18th.

The images show the
    admin page sitename/admin/categories.php?cPath=1_2&zenAdminID=long_encrypted_alpha_numeric_string
    and the buttons in the middle are from left to right "back" "new category" and "new product"... at the center.
    The one on the left is a screenshot of the tutorial at blogadr dot com at the position immediately after you would click on the "new product" button. The one where I would end up at if the button were working. Instead I end up at the category page for Jonahs Jewely : Necklaces:

the one in blockquote shows the code with the potential backdoors removed.

Plugin Contributions

For the images, I scaled them down because the attachments uploader says an upward limit of 19.5 kb. I used da gimp to do it and used cubic scaling, so they should scale right back up if you open them in da gimp.

The original size was 1600 x 1250 and somewhere in the megabytes range of size. When I scaled it to 600 x 400 (approximately) the size of the biggest one was 78 kB.

That could be another topic for another thread.

I notice from my first post that the version number of zen-cart is displayed Twice Does that mean we have it installed on the website twice? There's a one-second difference in the install times.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem...just loaded version 1.3.9
    store is setup fine..
    I have added my categories and when I click on the new product button to add a product to the selected category,
    I get 404 page not found.

what is happening here?

thanks
    Mel