Plugin Contributions

Default No tax added to products

Hi,
    I have a real problem.
    My shop V 1.39d will not add taxes to the product prices even if set to do so in My-Store configuration.
    If I set to show prices taxes included in the Admin area the prices are shown with taxes.
    I have checked all the tax settings but no luck. I have also checked th db in geo zones taxes class etc and everything seems to be ok.
    I have finally set to split taxes during check out and I see a 0 as description, and 0.00 as amount.
    The description of the taxes is set correctly.
    Please help!!!!! Help Help
    enzo

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No tax added to products

Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    If I set to show prices taxes included in the Admin area the prices are shown with taxes.
    Okay, so turning the setting on shows the prices with taxes.
    What's the problem?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Running 1.3.8a and having similar issues, if I understand the OP correctly.

I have set up my zones, tax classes, and tax rates correctly according to https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=155 and the appropriate taxes appear to be applied when viewing products through Admin->Categoies/Products. For example, an item that costs $7.99 is appropriately prices $7.99 (Net) and $8.31 (Gross) according to its product details.

In the store, the tax is not shown on the product's page (as intended, according to Admin->MyStore->"Display Prices with Tax" [false]). However, the tax is also not included on any page of the checkout process, and is not billed to the customer. Invoices viewed through the admin panel cite a 0% tax rate.

If I alter the admin settings to display prices with tax (dmin->MyStore->"Display Prices with Tax" [true]) then the price for the above item is correctly shown as $8.31, and charged to the customer as such. Again, the actual amount that was taxed is never presented at any point during checkout (I don't know if this behavior is correct).

I'd very much like to charge tax, but not display those taxes until the customer checks out. Where am I going wrong here?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

*Where* are you?
    What tax rate(s) do you use?
    What "Basis of Tax" settings have you selected in Admin->My Store, and in your ot_shipping module?

And why are you still running the very old, buggy, v1.3.8a?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.