Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Instant Payment Notification

I'm running two sites within the same domain (they are sub-domains). One site is a ZenCart installation, the other Wordpress. I want to process payments through my Wordpress site subscriptions) and the system I am using requires the paypal configuration to have the IPN set up properly etc which pass through this sub domain and will have to edit my settings on PayPal.

I read somewhere ZenCart doesn't really need this because it overrides the Paypal website settings - is this correct. Otherwise how can one run two more sites through the same paypal account?

Any clarification much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Instant Payment Notification

Set up your PayPal IPN URL to point to your WP site. Zen Cart just needs the feature turned on, since it passes its own URL with each transaction.
    More details in this Tutorial FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=229

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Set up your PayPal IPN URL to point to your WP site. Zen Cart just needs the feature turned on, since it passes its own URL with each transaction.
    More details in this Tutorial FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=229
    Is this valid now, as I don't have IPN turned on or the ipn_main_handler.php url specified on my Paypal account, and all orders are processed, and IPNs are logged in admin, and even if a refund is made, the admin is updated, and this is on multiple sites on the same Paypal Account?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't recall seeing PayPal announce any changes saying that they're suddenly forcing the IPNs onto everyone without their permission.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.