Plugin Contributions

Default Real-time data mining module?

Hi folks,
    I've got a Zen Cart installation and I'm running a shop. Knowing a thing or two about selling I'm looking for a module that does the following:

1. When the user views their shopping cart (and during check out), suggest other items they might like based on what other users have purchased.
    2. Offer a discount when (1) occurs - the discount rate should be determined based on previous sales orders' success.

Example to 2: A potential customer (PC) has items A and B in their shopping cart. During (1) the shopping cart will show products C and D because it has determined that users that have purchased A and B are also likely to purchase C and D.

To round the example off, C is offered at say a 10% discount and D is offered at say a 6% discount - for this particular PC, because the shopping cart has determined that users have been responsive to these rates in the past who have also had a certain product configuration in their shopping carts.

If PC doesn't add product C to their shopping cart at said discount, the shopping cart will try a higher discount in the future as long as the discount is under my specified level (say, product C costs $20. I don't want the price to go lower than $15 with discount).

Does anyone know of such a module (doesn't have to be free, can be commercial!)?

Have you had a similar need in the past and if so, how did you resolve it?
    Last edited by johnnyq; 24 Mar 2011 at 06:07 PM.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Real-time data mining for Zen Cart module

Yes... there are a couple of "cross-sell" and "up-sell" modules, as well as a "customers who bought this, also bought that" feature.

The modules are in the add-on section, but I suggest you read forum posts on them before you choose one, as they behave differently.