Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express Examples?

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to Zencart, but have spent the past few days researching it and starting to piece together a website. I recently upgraded to a business paypal account, and was hoping to add the paypal express checkout module to my website.

I was wondering if anyone had a website that currently has this installed that I could visit and "try"? I'd most likely just click thru the process to get a feel of just how quick it is compared to the standard method. Who knows, if I like the product maybe I'd even buy something!

Secondly, what is the quickest method available with Zencart for a customer to "get in and get out" with a purchase. I recently tested the standard method and it took me what felt like waaay too long to purchase something. Having to enter in all the information, birthdate etc seems like overkill. My current site just has a paypal button, they click on it, select quantity, and it brings them to paypal where they login, pay and finish. It feels like Zencart has added 5 extra steps to that process! I get that some customers would like to make an account and return... but most of mine are going to be 1 time buyers.

Would appreciate any links to sites I can visit, or any advise.

Thanks so much!

LONG LIVE ZENCART :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Examples?

My current site just has a paypal button, they click on it, select quantity, and it brings them to paypal where they login, pay and finish. It feels like Zencart has added 5 extra steps to that process!
    Not seeing your current site I will guess that I must repeat that to buy something else
    Where with ZenCart, I can buy many items and only checkout/go through the payment process ONCE
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hello Kobra,

My current site is simply using the paypal generated buttons.

I agree that the having to only go thru the payment/checkout structure once is a benefit. You don't find that some customers are unwilling to spend the time to do that though? My biggest fear is "annoying" a customer with a slow checkout rather than an expedited one.

I was reading about paypal express options. Seems like this might be a good work around, as from what I can understand it would give the customers the best of both worlds? I was hoping to see a working example of someone using this, but am yet to find a zencart site that has it up and running.

Plugin Contributions

I recently loaded paypal express but have not had anyone use it yet.
    The one thing I don't know is that if my flat rate shipping will be added to a paypal order.
    www.maynardstackle.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards
    The one thing I don't know is that if my flat rate shipping will be added to a paypal order.
    Why have you not tested it?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

For some reason It won't let me test it like I do with a regular credit card dummy number.
    Is there a certain way to test it that is different from a cc????