Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading from v1.1

I have an old website running Zen Cart 1.1 I'm trying to upgrade. I tried going to 1.5 but do not have an upgrade button on the zc_install page. It has the message

Previous Zen CartŪ Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen CartŪ v1.1.4

Should I first upgrade to 1.2, then 1.3 and then 1.5?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zencart 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by urgentprog View Post
    I have an old website running Zen Cart 1.1 I'm trying to upgrade. I tried going to 1.5 but do not have an upgrade button on the zc_install page. It has the message

Should I first upgrade to 1.2, then 1.3 and then 1.5?
    How many changes have you made to your site from the original file set? Personally I'd seriously consider a full rebuild.

Plugin Contributions

You can rebuild your site on the v1.5.1 fileset while importing (and upgrading) your existing database so you keep all customer and product information. With such an old version, any alterations you had are likely not directly applicable to modern versions of the relevant files anyway. There have been fundamental changes to the way the template system works in the last 10 years. Also, a 10 year old site probably looks 10 years old and out of date, making a redesign advisable.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    How many changes have you made to your site from the original file set? Personally I'd seriously consider a full rebuild.
    If I can import my order history and product catalog into the database, it will be a success. I can update the HTML files.

I exported the zen_orders table from 1.1 in phpmyadmin, and imported it into 1.5 and got this error:

Unknown column 'delivery_telephone' in 'field list'

I saw a plugin for importing products from an excel sheet, but did not see one for the orders.

Plugin Contributions

you are not going to be able to do this on a table by table basis. You will be missing loads of information. The actual orders are in zen_orders and there is another file called zen_order_details that contain the line items. The customer tables would be needed as well and that is in multiple tables as well.

Plugin Contributions

Did you see the tutorial on upgrading?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...pgrade-my-site
    There are other articles which explain more details.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    What you would best do for such a steep upgrade is just install v1.5.1 in a subfolder with its own database, then "drop" the tables in that database and "import" the backup copy you made of the old db. Then zc_install should give you the "upgrade" option as it will detect the old db version. This keeps all of your old information and properly brings it in line with the new structure. Then you can work on redoing the template to look as you want.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Did you see the tutorial on upgrading?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...pgrade-my-site
    There are other articles which explain more details.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    What you would best do for such a steep upgrade is just install v1.5.1 in a subfolder with its own database, then "drop" the tables in that database and "import" the backup copy you made of the old db. Then zc_install should give you the "upgrade" option as it will detect the old db version. This keeps all of your old information and properly brings it in line with the new structure. Then you can work on redoing the template to look as you want.
    When I drop 1.5 tables, and import 1.1 tables I get a white page saying zen_admin_activity_log table does not exist.

I ran the create table command from my 1.5 backup. The error went away and the zen cart install page showed but it does not have the DB Upgrade option, just Install, Upgrade Config Files and Recheck.

It says this same message, so it's connecting to the db.

I've also tried importing the 1.1 data without dropping the 1.5 files. I got the DB Upgrade option then, but the versions only went back to 1.2.7. What I'm going to try next is finding a prior version of zen-cart, see if I can get the DB up to 1.2.7, and then try the 1.5 upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To upgrade your database, first upload the /includes and /zc_install folders for v1.3.9h ... then run zc_install to do the database upgrade to 1.3.9h

Then repeat for v1.5.1 to upgrade the rest of the way.

That will preserve your data.

Then build your new site's template in 1.5.1 to suit your present-day needs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I used 1.3.9h but still do not have the database upgrade option in zc_install.

I doubled check. After not getting the option I reinstalled 1.3.9h database and looked in admin server info:

Zen Cart 1.3.9h
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.9h
    v1.3.9h [2014-05-08 06:26:24] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.9h [2014-05-08 06:26:24] (Fresh Installation)

After that, I dropped 1.3.9 tables, exported database from live site, imported to 1.3.9 but still get this message in zc_install without any db upgrade option:

Previous Zen Cart™ Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen Cart™ v1.1.4

In my live site the zen_email_archive table is very large, about 2.2 GB. I dump data for all tables except for this one, which creates structure only.

Should I try a lower zencart version, less than 1.2.7 ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by urgentprog View Post
    I used 1.3.9h but still do not have the database upgrade option in zc_install. ...
    Zen Cart 1.3.9 will not be default allow an upgrade from before Zen Cart 1.2.0.

You can try upgrading the database from Zen Cart 1.1.4 to 1.2.7 first...
    • Run under PHP 5.2 (or disable error reporting of deprecated messages under PHP 5.3/5.4).
    • May need to remove " TYPE=MyISAM" from the SQL upgrade files and some other files in the "zc_install" folder.
    • May need to copy "/includes/dist-configure.php" to "/includes/configure.php" and edit to match your server configuration.

Then upgrading the database from Zen Cart 1.2.7 to 1.3.9h...
    • Run under PHP 5.2 (or disable error reporting of deprecated messages under PHP 5.3/5.4).
    • May need to remove " TYPE=MyISAM" from the SQL upgrade files and some other files in the "zc_install" folder.
    • May need to copy "/includes/dist-configure.php" to "/includes/configure.php" and edit to match your server configuration.
    • May need to change the DB_CHARSET (rare) in "/zc_install/includes/installer_params.php".

Then finally upgrade the database from Zen Cart 1.3.9h to 1.5.1...

Note: Pay close attention to any "warnings / ignored" lines which contain "CHECK PREFIXES". These could indicate something went wrong during the "database upgrade". If you see one of these, additional hand updates to the database may be required...
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast