Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Email = API Signature?

Also, I have all other modules except PayPal Express removed/inactive. Do I need any besides this one? Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowce View Post
    I do have another related question, am still troubleshooting and no luck yet. In configuration/credit cards, there are listings for many credit cards. It appears they're all set to 0. Should I turn these on or does PayPal override everything? Haven't been able to find anything on this and possibly not searching right. Thank you.
    You don't need ANY of those unless you're actually accepting credit card numbers to be typed directly into input fields on your website ... which as far as PayPal modules go, is only available in Website Payments Pro.
    (Express Checkout accepts credit card payments, but it does that on the PayPal side, not on your site itself.)

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowce View Post
    Also, I have all other modules except PayPal Express removed/inactive. Do I need any besides this one? Thank you.
    You should click "Remove" on ALL the modules you're not actually using.
    ie: everything should have a RED dot except your Express Checkout module, which will most likely be green.

One exception: You might want to enable the freecharge module if you expect to have any situations where customers can buy items that are "free", either because you're setting the price to 0.00 or because they're using coupons to reduce the price to 0.00.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

New info: turns out it was not the setup after all. The first test purchase was using Firefox 2 on a Mac with OS 10.2 (that is the latest version Firefox 10.2 will hold). It would take the payment info but there was never a button to be able to actually submit the final payment. I tried under same OS 10.2, Firefox 2 and saw the same thing, no button was visible anywhere to be able to do anything with the payment info just completed. Then tried on PC with XP and it worked like a charm. Where can I look for help in getting this operational on the widest range of computers/OS. Has anyone else reported troubles with Mac's? I hope this info helps someone and would be greatly appreciative for any guidance on how to resolve the Mac issue.

I will turn off the credit cards since only the PayPal Express should be used and will keep that in mind about the FreeCharge module if offering a free product or coupon like that.

Thank you so much.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I have no problem running it on a Mac ... granted, I'm using OS X 10.6.

Honestly, I don't think you're going to find much success in getting up-to-date software to work with OSX 10.2, since there's very little that's written even for 10.3 nowadays. Most places are phasing out support for even 10.4 pretty quickly.
    While I know Mac fans, myself included, have trouble parting with their oldie-but-goodie favorite hardware and OS versions, I think you'll find that the audience of online shoppers are going to have at least 10.4 or greater ... more likely 10.5 or 10.6

I hate to draw this comparison, and mean no offense in saying this, but you've written a statement that's very much akin to asking web designers to design their sites for IE5 when the marketplace is focused on IE8 and IE9 and has a huge hate-on for IE6 because it's so non-standards-compliant, and the majority of websites are now no longer even bothering to support IE6 (except a smaller and smaller minority of corporate customers) because the marketplace in 2011 is now forging ahead with newer technologies like AJAX and jQuery, which are using the latest and most efficient methods of driving web activity.

So, with great respect for your legitimate question of "Where can I look for help in getting this operational on the widest range of computers/OS?", I humbly submit that Zen Cart is already one of the (if not "the") most widely compatible applications. And, to a large degree so is PayPal, although I'll let them speak for themselves.

In the same spirit I must advise you that your OS is your real problem. If your hardware will support it, I strongly recommend upgrading your OS to at least 10.4 so that you can run more contemporary software on it.
    I'm sure you have your reasons for sticking with OS 10.2, but if you're going to be designing a website and getting into eCommerce, I think most would agree that you're going to need to embrace some upgrades, whether upgrading your existing OS, or adding another system with a newer OS on it.

Sorry to be the bearer of "what feels like bad" news.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, no offense taken at all, understand completely. I did go back after-wards and try Safari on the 10.2 and it seemed to be ok. I appreciate the info and may put a statement in there, not sure how to word it yet, but along the lines of if trouble with browsers, etc., to contact/email store owner. That is true about Mac fans, sometimes nothing beats some of the older Mac programs in some ways!

In this case, don't think hardware will support it, but am using PC for the design side. The original testing was done by someone else on a Mac 10.2, and I was fortunate to be able to test on an identical Mac OS, never would have thought about that aspect had it not been for the first test, so am glad it came up in the beginning.

Appreciate the assistance very much, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12