Plugin Contributions

Default Debugg log questions.

Because of some problem I'm having trying to delete products I've been looking at the Debugg files in the cache folder .

So I got to looking at the files and thought I'd post up and see what this stuff means.

I get this message:
    [26-Mar-2011 11:23:56] PHP Warning: preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: Unknown modifier 'N' in /home/MYSITE/public_html/includes/modules/CUSTOMTEMPLATE/main_product_image.php on line 17
    Okay...
    I open the file listed and look at line 17
    $products_image_base = preg_replace('/'.$products_image_extension . '$/', '', $products_image);
    I don't see this alledged "N" modifier.

So what's the skinny? Do need a special Astrology Decoder Mood Ring or sumthin' to make this mysterious "N" modifier appear before my tired bloodshot eyeballs.

More importantly, how does one go about correcting this invisible "N" modifier problem, thingy.... do-dad?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Debugg log questions.

That's likely coming up because you've got a product image specified whose filename includes more than just one dot (".")
    ie: abc.123.jpg instead of abc123.jpg

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

moot point right now...

just tried to optimize the DB via the admin control panel (store manger) and the DB crashed.

can't even log onto my admin page.

Already called the host to restore it.

Tis look famailiar to anyone:

This is what i get when I go to my site:
    144 Table './seriouso_zc1/zc_configuration' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from zc_configuration]
    And when I try the admin page:

144 Table './seriouso_zc1/zc_configuration' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from zc_configuration]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll need to repair that table. Your hosting company's control panel should supply tools to do that.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Wierd. I'm on the phone with the host and I optimized via Admin Panel and it crashed again.

Could I have screwed something up when attempting to delete products?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    Wierd. I'm on the phone with the host and I optimized via Admin Panel and it crashed again.
    Peculiar.
    Now ... question: why are you using the Optimize thing anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    Could I have screwed something up when attempting to delete products?
    That might depend on all the various ways in which you're entering and deleting products.
    Are you using Zen Cart's admin for ALL your product entry/deletion? Or are you using some third-party addon that's busting things?

Plugin Contributions

Well it's like this...

I've been trying to update my products....

It wasn't been a succesfull endeavor....

So I tried to delete all of the products....

Another unsuccessful endeavor.....

So after putzing around with the damn EP uploads. downloads, and sideways loads, I figured Optimizing might be a wise thing to do.

And I still haven't been able to use EP to delete all of the products....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, the corruption might be related to product data too. But I'm surprised that running Optimize Tables would have any problem with the configuration table. And, if it does, it might hint at an actual problem with something that's damaged in your database.

See, Zen Cart's admin controls take care of running optimizes when doing deletions if you use the Zen Cart admin controls to do it.

When you start using third-party tools, you give up all of the protections of the built-in controls.

Plugin Contributions

Understood.

So EP may have been part of the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not convinced that EP specifically caused this problem with your configuration table becoming damaged.

But I definitely think that your experiences with EP have been a big part of your overall problems, discussed in various threads. I think you've been pushing EP beyond its limits, as well as learning how to use it all at the same time as learning all about websites, etc.
    While I "get" that some people just don't like using the provided Admin tools for entering products, I think it's wise to get the hang of it so as to fully understand how the built-in tools work, long before embracing addons, especially when myriads of different versions of those addons exist to accomplish slightly different purposes, all written by people just experimenting with something but not necessarily fully understanding the whole architecture of the database they're working with and the array of technical requirements and protections that should be enforced when doing so.

EP has numerous variants, each with varying degrees of usefulness or accuracy. From my own experience with them I don't think any of them is particularly "good".

Apsona's tool has its benefits as well, and is a much more modern tool, and is actively being developed by someone who actually wants to see it succeed and who responds to the problems people may have with it, if any.

There are some other import tools and store "manager" tools out there as well, and some of them commercial addons, but they all have their limitations too, and are usually intended for very specific purposes, namely those of the person who wrote them, not those of the majority of people who might run a shop or think that "oh, look an automated tool sounds so much easier" ... only to have it bust things on them.

So, there you have it ... my unsolicited opinions about those tools. In summary: walk before you run, and then if you're gonna play with 3rd-party tools, do it in a *test* site, not a live site, so you don't muck up anything important and have to start from scratch again. And keep good database/php-file backups on a frequent basis.

In your case, I think you've done a lot of learning and experimenting, and it's time probably to start from scratch with a fresh install, and only keeping your old backups for reference, not for importing again after you've done a fresh install. Start fresh. From scratch. I have a feeling it'll be a wise approach.

And then you'll have a clean working database again too ... with no errors in debug logs :)