Thread: help going live

Plugin Contributions

Default help going live

Hello,
    I have installed Zencart 1.3.9h on my local machine using WAMP.
    It works fine. I have configured it the way I want, except for installing the payment mods, and am now ready to move it to my web host to go live. I could use a little advice on how to do it.
    I know i will need to Filezilla my files and directory's to my web host but will I also need to transfer my local data base or will the database my site has been using work ?
    My current live site is using V1.3.7, this will be an upgrade.
    Thanks, jim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: help going live

I can't imagine how I would feel if one of my posts went unaswered for 10 days. Did you really post this on January 11? O_O

Ah well since nobody else seems to want to answer... Blind leading the blind, but I can help a little... I'm just in the process of doing this with my site.

My server had me create a subdirectory with a new db. I zipped the ready to post files and then uploaded them with Filezilla. Then my server unzipped the folder and added the db for me. I had to import my live db into the new one to test.

You have to pay special attention to the addressing in the two config files so that it sees the right files.

Hopefully, unlike me, you haven't got a couple of modules messing your links up and it will work right away. My site is still glitching, so that's as close as I can get you to live.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Thank You Pepperfire,
    Maybe I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyhow I was not able to move my site from local to live. So I went to my webhost c-panel and used there service Fantastico to install the latest Zen at the time V1.3.9h.That gave me a generic online cart.
    Then with the help of some great mods found here like " easy populate" and "image handler" and more I was able to import all my product and tweek the site to my liking perty easy.
    Thank for the reply.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ecmauto View Post
    Thank You Pepperfire,
    Maybe I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyhow I was not able to move my site from local to live. So I went to my webhost c-panel and used there service Fantastico to install the latest Zen at the time V1.3.9h.That gave me a generic online cart.
    Then with the help of some great mods found here like " easy populate" and "image handler" and more I was able to import all my product and tweek the site to my liking perty easy.
    Thank for the reply.
    I dunno, it struck me as the right thread. Glad to hear you resolved the problem.