Plugin Contributions

Default can we remove standard delivery address and just have a textbox?

hi,
    we are setting up zen-cart for a hospital gift shop. the customers here are buying gift shop items and having them shipped to hospital rooms (i.e. balloons, flowers, etc) is there a way to have, in checkout, the delivery address just be some sort of text field? they just need to enter the room number for example (and right now the delivery address is a very rigid name, address, city, state, zip--the actual address will always be the hospital--we just need to collect the name and room number)

any help or workarounds GREATLY appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: setting up zen-cart: can we remove standard delivery address and just have a text

So people will be coming to the hospital's website (from home, say) and using the Zencart installation there to send items from the gift shop to patients who are admitted ? Or will it be an internal thing inside the gift shop ?

You can turn off many of the Login fields in Admin - Configuration - Customer Details and make others not required in Admin - Configuration - Minimum Values by placing 0 in the value field and then removing the field in the template code. You could then change the text for the remaining fields on the login page, so you'd end up with:

Patient's First Name (First Name field).
    Patient's Last Name (Last Name field).
    Room Number (Renamed Postcode field)
    Sender's Email Address (Email Address Field).
    Sender's Password (Password field(s)).

Having the sender create an account will provide them with a confirmation email.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: setting up zen-cart: can we remove standard delivery address and just have a text

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    So people will be coming to the hospital's website (from home, say) and using the Zencart installation there to send items from the gift shop to patients who are admitted ? Or will it be an internal thing inside the gift shop ?

You can turn off many of the Login fields in Admin - Configuration - Customer Details and make others not required in Admin - Configuration - Minimum Values by placing 0 in the value field and then removing the field in the template code. You could then change the text for the remaining fields on the login page, so you'd end up with:

Patient's First Name (First Name field).
    Patient's Last Name (Last Name field).
    Room Number (Renamed Postcode field)
    Sender's Email Address (Email Address Field).
    Sender's Password (Password field(s)).

Having the sender create an account will provide them with a confirmation email.

thanks--a couple of questions. 1, which template do i change the shipping address info? i tried looking in tpl_checkout_shipping_address_default.php and i don't see it. 2, is there a way to not default shipping to the purchaser's address? so, the idea here is that, you have sick people in the hospital, and others will come to the gift shop site from the outside, to buy flowers, books, balloons, etc.
    finally, how do i remove zip and country as required fields? i don't see those fields in Admin - Configuration - Customer Details
    Thanks!