Plugin Contributions

Default Page contact us: set up to type 2 times the email address to check it is correct?

Hi,

I'd like to change the "ccontact us" page on zen cart: the email address should be typed two times by the customer and a script should check that the two email addresses are the same.

In this way the customer can not mistake the email address.

Could you tell me how to do this?
    Any suggestion?

Thank you very much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page contact us: set up to type 2 times the email address to check it is correct?

If the customer is logged in when they contact you, their name and email address are pre-loaded into the form. You might want to require extra confirmation for non-logged in only. It would be annoying from a customer standpoint to have to re-type information already there. ;)

But it's definitely possible and probably not that difficult to do. You'd have to add another form field to the contact page template and pick it up in the header for processing, where you can add a condition to only display the confirmation field to those not logged in, as well as one to return an error if the two email addresses don't match.

includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    includes/templates/template_default/tpl_contact_us_default.php (move to override directory for your custom template after you modify it)
    includes/languages/english/contact_us.php - if you need to add or change definition text, should also be moved to override.

Hope this helps. :)
    [FONT="Verdana"]If you want something done right, you have to get Zenned.
    ♥~-My Zen Cart Mods-~♥[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page contact us: set up to type 2 times the email address to check it is correct?

Plugin Contributions

Yes but that addition is only for the registration form... I'd need it for the contact us form...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ToniScraparoni View Post
    If the customer is logged in when they contact you, their name and email address are pre-loaded into the form. You might want to require extra confirmation for non-logged in only. It would be annoying from a customer standpoint to have to re-type information already there. ;)

But it's definitely possible and probably not that difficult to do. You'd have to add another form field to the contact page template and pick it up in the header for processing, where you can add a condition to only display the confirmation field to those not logged in, as well as one to return an error if the two email addresses don't match.

includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    includes/templates/template_default/tpl_contact_us_default.php (move to override directory for your custom template after you modify it)
    includes/languages/english/contact_us.php - if you need to add or change definition text, should also be moved to override.

Hope this helps. :)
    Thank you for the suggestion... Do you have also the code to be put in the pages?

Thank you