Plugin Contributions

Default Product number in item description does not match listing number

Thank you to all in advance for any assistance. I have learned a great deal from the forums.

I am currently having an issue with my product number in my item description. For example, product id 1 in a specific category might show up as "Product 4/7" above the description:

http://www.castlepyro.com/index.php?...&products_id=1

I changed back to the classic template (I am currently using "Silverfish") and it still showed the same issue.

I am using zen cart 1.3.9h, add ons are google checkout, zen lightbox and fedex shipping.

I have searched a number of different ways, but have been unable to find a similar issue in the forums (If there is one, I am sorry for re-posting). Once again, thanks for any assistance

Feeling "Zen"

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product number in item description does not match listing number

this is because it orders by name and according to the search 1 comes first then 2 so 100 will show first then 1000 then 200 followed by 25.

Plugin Contributions

So, since the names are the same up to the quantity number ("007 brand 1 meter consumer ignitors 25" followed by "007 brand 1 meter consumer ignitors 50") and the sort numbers that I am using are 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700... the sort for the listing will use the name instead of the sort number? Is there a way to change the sort for the listing numbering to use the sort numbers instead of the name?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you,
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Configuration > Product Listing > Display Product Listing Default Sort Order

Per the instructions for that setting, click product listing heading items until you get the sort order you like, then look in the address bar to see what &sort= it says. Copy that number in the admin box.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent, this is getting me closer to the solution, but I am not quite there yet. I found that it I sort by #1 it sorts correctly (for example:
    http://www.castlepyro.com/index.php?...cPath=1&sort=#), but when I try to apply # to the Display Product Listing Default Sort Order field (which was blank before I started) it does not update the product number (as seen in http://www.castlepyro.com/index.php?...&products_id=1) Will sen cart accept the variable of #? I was also able to get it to sort when I sorted by 0, the variable was %2523&alpha_filter_id=48 I tried to add %2523, 2523 and %2523&alpha_filter_id=48 and none of them changed the listing number. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all of the help

Plugin Contributions

I finally found the setting I was looking for... there are so many scattered in sometimes non-intuitive places that it can be hard to keep track of them. Anyway, you want
    Configuration > Product Info > Previous Next - Sort Order.

Plugin Contributions

Yep, that's the one. Thank you very very much for the help gjh42, i really appreciate it.

I do agree, some of the settings are a bit scattered, but the forum community here is very very helpful.

Thanks again for helping a newbie