Thread: url problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default url problem

Hi everyone,

I just installed Zen Cart 1.3.9h and noticed there is one thing that is not right.

After enter my site, no mater which link you click, it always show only homepage url in browser's address box. For example, after click Site Map. It seems not a problem in IE and Firefox but in google chrome, if one click the refresh button to frfresh the page, it always go back to my home page.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: url problem

What is your website url?
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

It looks as though you have some aggressive URL rewriting going on. I see what you describe as a problem in all browsers.

However the pages are being reached, so the issue is only what is being shown in the address bar.

Is your site:
    • on a Linux server?
    • running Apache as the operating system?
    • using mod rewrite commands on a ,htaccess file?
    • in the root location for the hosting account or not?
    • being redirected to a subdirectory?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    It looks as though you have some aggressive URL rewriting going on. I see what you describe as a problem in all browsers.

However the pages are being reached, so the issue is only what is being shown in the address bar.

Is your site:
    • on a Linux server?
    • running Apache as the operating system?
    • using mod rewrite commands on a ,htaccess file?
    • in the root location for the hosting account or not?
    • being redirected to a subdirectory?
    Hi kuroi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not sure if I can answer all your questions. Here is my best try.

1. It is on an unix server.
    2. No
    3. I never do that.
    4. I am not understand your question. Forgive me.
    5. my zen cart is installed in /public_html/shopping/

I just tried www.zirenresearch.com/shopping/ and it display full url in browser's address box.

Plugin Contributions

Oops 2nd question should have been about what web server you're running (normally Apache on Linux servers - but if you're running a non-Linux version of Unix, I wouldn't know).

From your response your site is not located in your hosting account's root directory, but in the "shopping" subdirectory. So your problem is related to how traffic arriving at your site is directed to that subdirectory.

Is the domain you're using the main one for the hosting account, or an add-on domain?

How are you telling your account to send traffic for this domain to the shopping directory?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Oops 2nd question should have been about what web server you're running (normally Apache on Linux servers - but if you're running a non-Linux version of Unix, I wouldn't know).

From your response your site is not located in your hosting account's root directory, but in the "shopping" subdirectory. So your problem is related to how traffic arriving at your site is directed to that subdirectory.

Is the domain you're using the main one for the hosting account, or an add-on domain?

How are you telling your account to send traffic for this domain to the shopping directory?
    It is not an add-on domain. I only have this domain. I install zen Cart step by step followed the installation instruction. That is all I did.

Plugin Contributions

here is some information I got from Developers tool.

in public_html/shopping/admin/includes/configure.php
    Line #60 : define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/ziren3/public_html/shopping/ZirenRes_admin/');

Line #61 : define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/ziren3/public_html/shopping/');

Line #88 : define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/ziren3/public_html/shopping/cache');

in public_html/shopping/includes/configure.php
    Line #41 : define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/ziren3/public_html/shopping/');

Line #66 : define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/ziren3/public_html/shopping/cache');

the header of index.html located in public_html:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Ziren Research, The bridge from bench to clinic</title>
    </head>

<frameset rows="100%">

<frame src="http://www.zirenresearch.com/shopping/">

</frameset>

</html>

I hope above information will tell you some story.

Thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

The problem isn't with your Zen Cart.

The main domain for a hosting account would normally point at (in your case) the "public_html" directory.

Something has been done to your account to point that domain at the "shopping" subdirectory. And that's what's causing your problem as it seems to be rewriting every url to remove everything after the domain name.

This would be the case for Zen Cart and non-Zen Cart addresses.

Plugin Contributions

The problem isn't with your Zen Cart.

The main domain for a hosting account would normally point at (in your case) the "public_html" directory.

Something has been done to your account to point that domain at the "shopping" subdirectory. And that's what's causing your problem as it seems to be rewriting every url to remove everything after the domain name.

This would be the case for Zen Cart and non-Zen Cart addresses.
    Thanks kuroi.

Your are right. it is not Zen Cart problem. I removed my Zen Cart and made a clean install in my public_html directory. I can go to my Zen Cart homepage but got "HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error" message when I try to login in admin page.

After I restored my Zen Cart back to Public_html/shopping directory. I called my server host company and they want to charge me for fix the problem. I don't think it is a reasonable charge since it might only be a server configuration issue.

Here is my question again, is it possible that I modify the index.html in public_html directory and put a link to public_html/shopping/index.php in that page so after visitor click the link it will bring visitor a page with full url?

or is there a better way to bypass this problem?

I just checked that the server is Apache.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast