Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping options question...

I want to offer free USA shipping on a few categorizes and leave the others alone. I accomplished this by setting the weight of these products to 0 and setting free shipping options to weight <=0 to activate the free shipping option. In order to exclude international orders from the free shipping option I set zones for USA only. This all works great but although international orders are excluded from the free shipping option, having the weight set to 0 for this set of products the international shipping doesn't calculate properly. I am running ZC ver1.3.9h

Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks.
    Last edited by voltar; 25 Apr 2011 at 04:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping options question...

What shipping method(s) are you using for International and the other Products that are not Free Shipping?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm using the stock modules for UPS and USPS. We show UPS but no international customers have ever selected it. They always choose USPS. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

When the Cart contains only Always Free Shipping and the customer is a US customer, do you want to:

1 Only see Free shipping ...

2 Or, see the Free shipping and the other shipping modules for UPS and USPS ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

2 would be the best choice. I always want the customer to have the option of selecting free shipping along with all of the other shipping options in case they would prefer to have another shipping method ie. Express or UPS. Many of my customers seem to order at the last minute and they need the other option. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

First, create a Zone for the US and include in the Details what the US should be ...

Add the Zone to the Modules ... Shipping ... FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module ...

Next, you need to customize the code in:
    /includes/classes/shipping.php

and around line 65 change the code:
    Code:
      function calculate_boxes_weight_and_tare() {
        global $total_weight, $shipping_weight, $shipping_quoted, $shipping_num_boxes;

// bof: add back in the Free Shipping Weight
        global $order, $cart;
          $total_weight += $_SESSION['cart']->free_shipping_weight();
    // eof: add back in the Free Shipping Weight

if (is_array($this->modules)) {
    Now, add Weight to ALL Products and the ones that should offer Free Shipping for the US mark as Always Free Shipping ...

What should happen is that the US, based on your US Zone Definition, should see the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper and ALL of the other shipping methods ... any one else will only see ALL of the other shipping methods, excluding the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper ...

You can then customize the Language file for the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module to read as you would like to see it ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 25 Apr 2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: fix path to file
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have a zone configured under zone definitions for the USA with the country set to US with all zones included. I have the USA selected as the zone for Free Shipping! and Free Shipping Options with both enabled. I've modified the shipping.php code however the file wasn't located in the /includes/modules/ directory, it was in the /includes/classes/ directory. ?

I added weight back to the products via the attributes since that is how the products are configured and set the products to Always Free Shipping. When adding a US order, only the Free Shipping option appears without the other shipping options. The same is true for international orders.

Basically, the Free Shipping function is overriding everything else when it is set. I'm sure I've missed something. I've verified that my zones are working correctly because the free shipping option, <=0, works for USA and not international. The location of the shipping.php file is a mystery.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Good catch on the shipping.php it is in the :
    /includes/classes

I missed one set of changes:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Code:
        // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    //    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    //    }
    /includes/modules/shipping/ups.php
    Code:
        // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    //    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    //    }
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

It looks like we are beating this thing into submission. The only thing left is the Free Shipping image that comes along with the Free Shipping! module. Should I just change it to a null image or is there a more creative way to deal with it? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Add something for the USA at the bottom of it ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast