Plugin Contributions

bug Currency selector broken using template from template-help.com

- Using the latest version of Zen Cart
    - No updates being made, installed latest version directly.
    - No addons installed whatsoever, yet.
    - None, besides the template mentioned below.
    - Working on WAMP-server, so no URL available.

I bought this template osc3.template-help.com /zencart_22974/ from zencartwebsite .com, as it was a lot cheaper than on for example Template Monster. I don't even know if they are a legitimate retailer, but I am both poor and pennywise, so I did anyway - but that's another story.

It works quite well, except that the currency selector has quit working, it says $currencies_array = instead of showing the selector. I have tried to edit the settings and even turning it off in "Layout Boxes Controller" (currencies.php), but it's still there.
    If I have more than one language to chose from, they line up vertically instead of horizontally, which is also wrong. For now I don't want to show the language selector at all, but it won't go away if I try to shut it off either, just like the currency selector.

So, it seems changes I do in "Layout Boxes Controller" won't be visible with the template I use, is there any way to fix this? Or do I need to go into the template code and make changes, in that case: What do I do, and in what files?
    Last edited by Kim; 29 Apr 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Currency selector broken?

In order to determine whether it's a template issue you should consider switching to template classic to see if the problem persists. If the bug disappears nothing should be wrong with your ZenCart installation.

Plugin Contributions

I might add that I tried and successfully added a currency selector through the "Layout Boxes Controller", to the left column. However, I like the thing with the currency selector in the upper right corner. So how do I change it to make it work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Soniccc View Post
    In order to determine whether it's a template issue you should consider switching to template classic to see if the problem persists. If the bug disappears nothing should be wrong with your ZenCart installation.
    It works with the standard theme that comes with ZC, and I can add it to the template, but it's clearly an error in the template.
    I THINK that this is the currency selector thing I found in the template's code, but I really don't know what's wrong hehe...

<div class="col2">
    <div class="indent">
    <div class="col1"> <b><?php echo BOX_HEADING_CURRENCIES; ?>:</b><br>
    </div>
    <div class="col2">
    <?=zen_draw_form('currencies', zen_href_link(basename(ereg_replace('.php','', $PHP_SELF)), '', $request_type, false), 'get')?>
    <?
    if (isset($currencies) && is_object($currencies)) {
    reset($currencies->currencies);
    $currencies_array = array();
    while (list($key, $value) = each($currencies->currencies)) {
    $currencies_array[] = array('id' => $key, 'text' => $value['title']);
    }
    $hidden_get_variables = '';
    reset($_GET);
    while (list($key, $value) = each($_GET)) {
    if ( ($key != 'currency') && ($key != zen_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
    $hidden_get_variables .= zen_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
    }
    }
    }
    ?><?=zen_draw_pull_down_menu('currency', $currencies_array, $_SESSION['currency'], ' onchange="this.form.submit();"') . $hidden_get_variables . zen_hide_session_id()?>
    </form>
    </div>

Plugin Contributions

You really need to talk to the template designer. We do not support purchased templates.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You really need to talk to the template designer. We do not support purchased templates.
    Oki. I'll wait for a friend of mine, who's somewhat of a "code guy" to get back from a vacation, and have him take a look at it. If he can't solve it, I'll try to find support elsewhere.

Plugin Contributions

For giggles and grins.
    Use ultra compare or beyond compare and compare a version of 139h and your template. Maybe they are using an old version of code from zencart..
    Just a thought
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    For giggles and grins.
    Use ultra compare or beyond compare and compare a version of 139h and your template. Maybe they are using an old version of code from zencart..
    That might be it. Seems the template is made for Zen-Cart 1.3.8. Would this be a very big problem when running the most recent version of ZC (i.e. security etc.)? Or is it a matter of more obvious errors like these, that can be dealt with? And I guess there's no easy way to just "update" the whole template to fit the most recent version?

I have never been working with ZC before, but only Joomla and Wordpress, and I am basically really an amateur when it comes to making websites as whole - so I really have no clue.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Currency selector broken using template from template-help.com

That might be it. Seems the template is made for Zen-Cart 1.3.8. Would this be a very big problem when running the most recent version of ZC (i.e. security etc.)? Or is it a matter of more obvious errors like these, that can be dealt with? And I guess there's no easy way to just "update" the whole template to fit the most recent version?
    If the template has been properly coded, it should have no problems working with 1.3.8 or 1.3.9. I would contact the template author.

Thanks,

Anne