Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question dual zen cart, one login??

I searched the forums for this but couldn't find exactly what I mean.

I am running version 1.3.9h. I have two seperate shops running on the same server using seperate databases.

What I want to do is enable customers from one store to be able to login on the other store using the same login. At present, you have to sign up twice, login twice.

The reason I need two stores is because each sells vastly different products which can't be shipped together and have differet shipping rules. I figure they could share a database but then I'll get problems with the cart won't I?

Is there a solution?? I don't know much about this so please explain in simple terms

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: dual zen cart, one login??

Easiest way is to share a database but with different table prefixes and then adjust the prefix in the database tables file entry for the customer, customer_info and address_book tables of one site to hard code the prefix of the other site.

A little more challenging would be how you're going to merge two sets of customers into one site's customer tables without corrupting the links between the tables.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=563

Can also try Multi Site Mod...url above

Plugin Contributions

"A little more challenging would be how you're going to merge two sets of customers into one site's customer tables without corrupting the links between the tables."

Man, it all sounds challenging. Do you think it's even possible regarding such issues?

Plugin Contributions

Just downloaded the multi site module but there are no instructions. Well, there is a link to instructions but its not there. Please help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by secondnature View Post
    "A little more challenging would be how you're going to merge two sets of customers into one site's customer tables without corrupting the links between the tables."

Man, it all sounds challenging. Do you think it's even possible regarding such issues?
    It's certainly possible. I had to do it once a couple of years back for a client. I seem to remember advancing all the customer indexes in one database to a range that wouldn't overlap and then resetting the autoincrement on the customer table.

Had to do the same for the products (which was even worse). So it can be done, but it's tricky and needs very careful testing and a reasonable knowledge of SQL.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63997

Multi Site Mod support thread above

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by secondnature View Post
    Just downloaded the multi site module but there are no instructions. Well, there is a link to instructions but its not there. Please help
    http://www.thisdomain.net/dev/multis...tions_4.0.html

Instructions now at above url

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you wold be so kind as to package the instructions WITH the module and resubmit it to the downloads so this doesn't happen again?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ok Kim I will endevour to do that, however the instructions leave much to be desired if your a newbie

So I installed the MultiSite module but I missed something and it doesn't work. I get "1054 Unknown column 'CATEGORIES_ROOT' in 'where clause'
    in:
    [select cd.categories_name from categories c, categories_description cd where cd.categories_description LIKE '%-SITE_NAME-%' AND cd.language_id=1 AND c.parent_id = CATEGORIES_ROOT and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='1' and c.categories_status=1]"

I think I failed at step one, the SQL thing. I have NO IDEA what to do there, so I guessed.

Also, I get the vibe that in the config_sites folder, the config files need to point to subdomains? For example i need to create say www.shop1.mysite.com and www.shop2.mysite.com. Then what, do I point those URLs to the location of the correct template? If the files I create are not in the style of "www.site.com_config.php" it won't work?

Please help, I'm in over my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast