Plugin Contributions

Default 10415 PayPal Express error code

I am getting e-mails from PayPal saying the following:

"10415 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional
    error messages for details. - A successful transaction has already been
    completed for this token."

According to this page, error code 10415 could mean that customers are hitting the "Place Order" button twice.

Is there any way to fix this? Is this something I need to fix? I searched the forum for "10415", but could not find anything.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10415 PayPal Express error code

Sorry to bump, but is there any solution to this? Thank you in advance :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Seems like customers are using the "back" button in their browser after visiting the PayPal site. And they're likely only doing that if they're disliking the idea of using PayPal (or confused by it), and then clicking on your site to go back to PayPal over again.

More importantly, are these customers actually still completing checkout? Or are they abandoning altogether? Do you have a phone number or email address on your site for them to contact you if they're truly actually having problems buying?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I offer customers the option of paying with credit card on my website (Authorize.net) or PayPal, so the ones using PayPal probably know what they are doing.

As far as I know, all the customers still complete checkout. I assume this because for every error e-mail I get, I also get one stating that an order has been completed and paid for with PayPal. So far, only one customer has had his order processed twice. This leads me to believe that they are actually pressing the "Confirm Order" button twice. I think the reason they do this is they are too impatient to wait for PayPal's website to load (it always loads slowly on my Internet connection at least).

The problem is more so it being a pain getting these e-mails all the time. The only problem I could foresee is a customer ordering and paying twice, but that is easily fixed with a refund. Is there some code that I could enter somewhere to prevent customers from pressing the "Confirm Order" button twice?

Thank you for the help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're using v1.3.9h and your template is built for v1.3.9h, then there's already code built-in to prevent them from clicking on Confirm Order button more than once.
    However, if your template is from an older version then it's very possible that it's missing that capability, which you'll have to fix yourself. Or, if you're running an older version of Zen Cart, then you ought to be upgrading ASAP.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am already using 1.3.9h. Is the solution you mentioned in this thread included in 1.3.9h?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes .

Plugin Contributions

So, there is no way to fix this? Customers are still able to push the "Confirm Order" button, and I am still getting the e-mails telling me.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, well this is strange. I put a dummy order through, and got this error:

"1146 Table 'XXXXX.zen_sc_products_ratio' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT ratio FROM zen_sc_products_ratio WHERE products_id='38' LIMIT 1]"

XXXXX = my database name

Could anyone please let me know what this means?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's telling you that your PHP code contains instructions for reading data from a table named "sc_products_ratio" (evidently with a "zen_" prefix, presumably because your site is configured to use a prefix on all table names), but your MySQL database doesn't have such a table in it.

This most commonly occurs when you either half-install an addon or half-delete it. So, either finish installing it, or finish deleting it.