Plugin Contributions

Default Customer account errors

there was a problem with a customers account page. when the cahnge account link is clicked this error happens:
    1054 Unknown column 'customers_cell' in 'field list'
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_nick, customers_telephone, customers_cell, customers_newsletter, customers_email_format, customers_default_address_id, customers_password, customers_authorization, customers_dob) VALUES ('Alessa', 'Hill', '[email protected]', '', '8137200046', '', '1', 'HTML', '0', '062cc942e8e6527a7433f0457f031882:42', '0', '19730222')]

so I removd that link but there is a prob on the admin side that I cannot delete customers this is the similiar error:
    1054 Unknown column 'c.customers_cell' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select c.customers_id, c.customers_gender, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_dob, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_company, a.entry_street_address, a.entry_suburb, a.entry_postcode, a.entry_city, a.entry_state, a.entry_zone_id, a.entry_country_id, c.customers_telephone, c.customers_cell, c.customers_newsletter, c.customers_default_address_id, c.customers_email_format, c.customers_group_pricing, c.customers_authorization, c.customers_referral from zen_customers c left join zen_address_book a on c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id where a.customers_id = c.customers_id and c.customers_id = '5']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

HELP!
    blessed be the day we make tomorrow a better yesterday

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer account errors

after a little research I believe it is a FIELD error in SQL but I have no idea how to correct. It seems as if it is looking for the customers cell number, but I cannot find anything that calls for a cell number in Admin or elsewhere.

Plugin Contributions

restored Database and al is fine again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

darn it I was wrong...... the admin prob is fixed but customer side still has error for edit account.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Clearly you've installed an addon that requires the addition of a "customers_cell" field in the database, but you've not created that field. Usually an addon that requires such changes will provide instructions on how to do that.
    Or, maybe you've only partially removed the addon, and it's still trying to store the data because the PHP files are still instructing it to store that data.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

NO add-ons but I did do a custom form by tweeking the contact us files. But I did not do anything to the database (am clueless about SQL) but the created form uses "cell" not "customers_cell" or "c.customers_cell"

HTML Code:
    /includes/modules/pages/account_edit/header_php.php 
    Line #105 : array('fieldName'=>'customers_cell', 'value'=>$cell, 'type'=>'string'), 
    Line #156 : customers_cell, customers_email_format, customers_referral
    HTML Code:
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_account_edit_default.php 
    Line #60 : <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('cell', $account->fields['customers_cell'], 'id="cell"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_Cell_NUMBER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_CELL_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    above is what tool kit found so should I change my form to "cell_no" ??? or
    is there a way to delete/remove the column/field from mySQL?
    Last edited by Lackew; 13 May 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

changing my form field to "cellno" had no effect ;-(

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your PHP files have code in them that's referring to "customers_cell".
    If that's NOT the actual correct name of the field in the database, then you need to change one or the other to make the field name match whatever the PHP is telling the system to write into. So, either change the PHP or change the database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.