Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    144

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    Quote Originally Posted by jadedev View Post
    Drbyte - I think there's a problem with the address held in paypal. State in payPal is held as full name ie, Northern Territory, while the credit card company has it as "NT".

    No matter how many different senerio I tried, they all failed.
    Best to report that problem to PayPal: www.paypal.com/mts
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    122
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    Did you manage to sort this issue out by any chance?

    As I am having the exact same problem myself with the error message saying:

    Code:
    The address you selected at PayPal is not a Confirmed address. Please return to PayPal and select or add a confirmed address and try again.
    But the thing is I'm using my own personal PayPal account that does have a confirmed and verified address attached to it and like you if I turn off the "Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address" option then the order goes through fine.

    But by doing this if I go into the Admin --> Customers --> Orders and then click on the order and look down a the bottom it says the following:

    Code:
    Protection Eligibility: 	Ineligible
    Which I assume means that the seller is not eligible for the seller protection scheme due to not having the "Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address" option on?



    So if you did end up fixing this issue could you please tell me how you did it?

    Thanks.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    144

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    A small quirk related to the "confirmed address" checkbox setting was fixed in v1.5.0.
    Another reason to upgrade, in addition to those pointed out to you previously.
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Posts
    2,369
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    So this "small quirk" can't be fixed in 1.3.9h?

    Rob
    Breakfast: the most important donut of the day.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    122
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    Hello DrByte and thank you for taking the time to reply.

    At the present time as much as I would like to upgrade to version 1.5 I am unable to until a couple of mods I have implemented into ZenCart are upgrade to function with v1.5 of ZenCart.

    However in saying that I did manage to contact PayPal about this issue and I received a very informative reply which I am sure will help others who come across this issue. Basically the PayPal representative said this to me:

    Dear Erica,

    Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services.

    Please don't use "Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address" . This FEature was specially designed for the U.S. and its at the moment not supposed to work outsite the United states.
    So with that being said it looks like this function was only ever intended to work with US based shopping carts. So that clears one thing up.

    Secondly he said it was possible to get Seller Protection outside of the U.S and this is what he had to say.

    However, from your Question i assume you are worried about the seller protection. This is caused because you store is sending the data to us and don't require a shipping address. For that reason we are not storing an address for the customer and you are not eligible for Seller Protection. To get the seller PRotection we require a shipping address.
    From then on he mentions how this can be done. But I am unsure as to how to do it. So I am wondering if anyone is able to help me achieve this? Here is what he says:

    Enable/require/disable shipping address collection

    The variable exists in two products; Website Payments Standard and Express Checkout.
    For Website Payments Standard, we’ll refer to no_shipping. For Express Checkout, NOSHIPPING.
    Functionality of this particular parameter does not differ between products unless specifically noted otherwise.

    no_shipping / NOSHIPPING allows a merchant to specify on a per-transaction basis whether or he requires a shipping address.
    For Website Payments Standard, no_shipping is defined in the <form> code of the PayPal button. For Express Checkout, it’s part of the SetExpressCheckout API call.

    Allowed values are:
    0 – prompt for an address, but do not require one
    1 – do not prompt for an address
    2 – prompt for an address, and require one
    This is the same for both Website Payments Standard as well as Express Checkout.
    Express Checkout only: If you want to use Digital Goods, NOSHIPPING must be set to “1”.

    An example of adding no_shipping as well as NOSHIPPING looks as follows:

    Website Payments Standard: <form method="post" action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"> <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"> <input type="hidden" name="business" value="rglast_nl_biz@paypal.com"> <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="1"> <input type=”hidden” name=”no_shipping” value=”2”> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"> </form>

    In the above example I’ve set no_shipping to ‘2’, which means that a shipping address is required.

    Express Checkout (NVP):
    METHOD=SetExpressCheckout&USER=xxxxxxxx&PWD=xxxxxxxx&SIGNATURE=xxxxxxxxxx&
    VERSION=71.0&AMT=1&CANCELURL=http://test/&RETURNURL=http://test&NOSHIPPING=2

    This is a very basic SetExpressCheckout API call with NOSHIPPING set to ‘2’.

    Express Checkout (SOAP):
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <soap:Header>
    <RequesterCredentials xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI">
    <Credentials xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
    <Username>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</Username>
    <Password>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</Password>
    <Signature>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</Signature>
    </Credentials>
    </RequesterCredentials>
    </soap:Header>
    <soap:Body>
    <SetExpressCheckoutReq xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI">
    <SetExpressCheckoutRequest>
    <Version xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">71.0</Version>
    <SetExpressCheckoutRequestDetails xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
    <OrderTotal currencyID="USD">25</OrderTotal>
    <ReturnURL>http://localhost/</ReturnURL>
    <CancelURL>http://localhost/</CancelURL>
    <PaymentAction>Sale</PaymentAction>
    <NoShipping>2</NoShipping>
    <PaymentDetails>
    <OrderTotal currencyID="USD">25</OrderTotal>
    <ItemTotal currencyID="USD">25</ItemTotal>
    </PaymentDetails>
    </SetExpressCheckoutRequestDetails>
    </SetExpressCheckoutRequest>
    </SetExpressCheckoutReq>
    </soap:Body> </soap:Envelope>


    As your store is using ExpressCheckout, it will need to submit NOSHIPPING=2 in the SetExpressCHeckout and DoExpressCheckoutPayment API call. Check in your ZEn Cart admin if you can find an option to enable the shipping address. If you can't i would suggest to contact Zen cart directly and ask them how you can submit NOSHIPPING=2 to us in order to get your seller protection.

    I hope this was helpful and if you have any further Questions, please let me know.
    Is there a setting to enable the shipping address in the Admin section of ZenCart as per this fellows suggestion?

    If not does anyone know exactly in which file and where would I need to insert this NOSHIPPING=2 code he refers to?

    I'm sorry but I don't fully understand it as I'm still learning about PHP so any help in the placement of this code will be very much appreciated.

    Thanks.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    144

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    So this "small quirk" can't be fixed in 1.3.9h?
    I already gave the solution to that in an earlier post in this thread.
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    122
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I already gave the solution to that in an earlier post in this thread.
    Helo DrByte and thanks for your reply.

    I tried your fix yesterday prior to contacting PayPal but in the order details it still says:

    Code:
    Protection Eligibility: 	Ineligible
    Which I don't understand as I didn't even sign into my ZenCart store account as I used another email address tied to the same PayPal account. Plus at the end f the transaction ZenCart automatically setup a new account for me using the email address that I used at PayPal to pay for the item.

    So PayPal must have pulled my address from this account and passed it onto ZenCart. Otherwise how else could ZenCart get the address and know how much to charge for postage etc?

    So by rights and unless I am not understanding something. This transaction should have been covered under the Seller Protection scheme.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    60,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    144

    Default Re: Confirm Address Error

    Quote Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I already gave the solution to that in an earlier post in this thread.
    Helo DrByte and thanks for your reply.

    I tried your fix yesterday
    You quoted a reply I made to someone else about a problem with the checkbox.
    That doesn't deal with the "NOSHIPPING=2" thing you say PayPal is suggesting you use. That feature isn't supported in the v1.3.9 code.
    Feel free to add it and experiment with its results if you like, to see if it meets your unique requirements.
    But I don't think it's the same issue as the topic of this thread, being the "Paypal Confirm Address (Billing) error".
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.



 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Help with confirm address entry
    By bandora in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15 Nov 2010, 06:38 PM
  2. Customer Login time out error after adding confirm email address addon
    By abs007 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29 Jan 2010, 08:02 PM
  3. Order getting stuck on confirm address!
    By e-hol.co.uk in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31 Jan 2007, 04:22 AM
  4. How can I confirm admin email address.
    By bend2005 in forum Basic Configuration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28 Dec 2006, 12:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •