Plugin Contributions

Default All of my stores - can't reach the login page - after auto-upgrading with GoDaddy

Cannot reach the login page- takes loooong time, and after 5-10 minutes, its just blank. 5 stores - all with godaddy hosting. All installed with their easy-one-step install system. All were upgraded within my "manage my apps" inside my hosting account( my client's store, which was not upgraded, is doing fine) with their again easy-just-click upgrade system.
    I have 1.3.8a.1 no add-ons on all of them.
    what i did after reading other posts;
    • cleared cache and cookies

• checked admin/includes/local/skip-version-check is off

• checked url paths, db... are the same for includes/configure and admin/includes/configure (been staring at this for an hour -I think they match...

• **I also remember while back I turned off "check for new versin..."

I contacted the hosting company. After they did diagnostics (and this is inside godaddy's hosting account, they found that there is an extra"/" between my ip address and /admin (&&&.com//admin) and told me that's why and its my doing, and i need to uninstall everything and start over. And they cannot "roll back" updates. But wait a minute....I did not put an extra / before admin with all my stores. It's not possible because I'm using their "one clik" upgrade thing... They were all fine before updates anyway.

Seems like I have two choices. One of them is to ask for your help.
    Last edited by dtgregory; 19 May 2011 at 05:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All of my stores - can't reach the login page - after auto-upgrading with GoDaddy

It's hard to get any support on here for if you have "GoDaddy" or "Template Monsters" in your thread, as they have a mind of their own.

Based on your explanation, if your issue is due to additional / you can edit your configure files and remove the extra /.

First off, you should never use hosting scripts to install/update CMS such as Zen Cart.

Secondly, You must rename admin_name in Zen Cart 1.39, you should read the Zen Cart documents and security threads before start selling online.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All of my stores - can't reach the login page - after auto-upgrading with GoDaddy

thanks for replying.

1. from now on i will not "cheat", and do my install/upgrade mannually.

2. to remove/edit configure.php pages, i'm going to compare mine with fresh pages.... (i don't know much about php)

3. I will acutally pay attention to docs and security threads, instead of simply glancing over them.

4. and if all else fails, I will contact a real professional. Like you guys....

Plugin Contributions

ALL FIXED!

It had nothing to do with my configure.php pages.

Somehow, there is a file - php5.ini - inserted/created into my webroot when upgrading with godaddy.
    Not sure if it was there to begin with before upgrades, but my rep temporarily removed this file and, whoalah, all my login page is back...

So, maybe I'll dearly pay later, but I deleted this file, and so far, all is working fine.

Plugin Contributions

NEVER, EVER use an auto-upgrade whether it be Fantastico or any other. There is no such item sanctioned by Zen Cart and disasters like this or the norm.
    The php.ini smells of a GoneDaddy workaround for php non-compliance. Make sure your cart's admin is reporting good versions of PHP and MySql

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The php.ini smells of a GoneDaddy workaround for php non-compliance.
    Nobody who does eCommerce seriously should host with goDaddy...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Okay, okay, won't do it again.... I guess the damage is done here with these stores...

Nobody who does eCommerce seriously should host with goDaddy...
    So, when it comes to hosting, do it myself? What does most people do? (I'm in US).

Plugin Contributions

Hosters may have an 'auto install' script but none that I know of have an 'auto upgrade'. Best thing you can do right is through your GD control panel is to use phpMyAdmin and Export each of your databases. No sure if you know this but when saving a file (or database) you can change/alter the name of the file, when saving it on your computer. I find it best to put the date of back at the beginning: 110522_databasename.sql for example.

Then login to each of your Admin's and check under: Admin > Tools > Server Version/Info so you know for sure what version of Zen Cart is being used, database level and any additional information you think necessary.

Plugin Contributions

Somehow, there is a file - php5.ini - inserted/created into my webroot when upgrading with godaddy.
    Not sure if it was there to begin with before upgrades, but my rep temporarily removed this file and, whoalah, all my login page is back...
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I had been frustrated by this problem for a few weeks now.. Contacts with GoDaddy were fruitless.

When i removed the php5.ini file, suddenly the cosmos realigned and i was granted admin access again.

Thanks ZenCart!