Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Products (Copy, Move, Delete)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    That file is corrupted ...

So it is either bad on the server or some how damaged when you grabbed it ...

If you view your good copy of that file that is on your computer ...

1 How do you view/edit your files

2 What size is that file on your computer

3 what size is that file on the server

4 If you open that file, how many lines are in it
    So I dug through my computer...and I don't have a good copy of that file anywhere. I do use Notepad++ to view and edit files right now.

Plugin Contributions

You could download a clean copy from post #115 and unzip that in a separate directory from your site files on you computer to get a valid copy of the file ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You could download a clean copy from post #115 and unzip that in a separate directory from your site files on you computer to get a valid copy of the file ...
    Just did that...that file is not there anywhere? Nothing is named move_product_confirm.php other than move_product_confirm.php_multiple_product_copy are they the same?

Plugin Contributions

Peek in the:
    /admin/includes/modules

and you will see:
    move_product_confirm.php_multiple_product_copy

that is an example of what can be used for:
    move_product_confirm.php
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Peek in the:
    /admin/includes/modules

and you will see:
    move_product_confirm.php_multiple_product_copy

that is an example of what can be used for:
    move_product_confirm.php
    EEEEK I think it works!
    I checked all the files, they were all smaller than the ones in the install, so I uploaded them all again. I get a confirmation screen now, and it seems to be working!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your help!!!!

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that things appear to be working again ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

This is designed to Copy, Move and Delete Products ... what is it that you are trying to do that isn't working?

NOTE: be sure to backup your database before using this ...
    Hello,
    Is this still the most relevant file for this add on? I tried installing an older version with no avail and just found this newer file here.
    Is this add on still the best option for moving/copying/linking/deleting files? If there is a newer better option, please recommend :)
    I've never installed a mod before so I followed the recommendation to a different mod (Apsona) that said to unzip into the admin folder.
    That created an entire new (tree?/Directory?) in my zcadmin folder like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Move Product Copy possible goofed installation.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	14762
    Am I supposed to unzip these files on my computer first then upload each individual file to the folders on my server that they are labeled into in the zip? (keeping folder integrity).

The Apsona install instructions seemed so simple but it doesn't seem that this zip is structured for that extraction type of installation because there is no "admin" folder on my server other than the "zcadmin" and extraction into it would just create an "admin" folder as it did in the picture above under the "multi_product_cop" folder it created. (Unless that's what it is supposed to do?)

I also noticed that I do not have a "boxes" folder on my server under "zcadmin". I see the option on my server to "Create Folder", would I have to do this first? Maybe the instructions in the "Read Me" can be updated with the simplest overview of installing these files? These installs cannot be that complicated, but it will be to someone who has never done one before such as myself.
    I have a technical mind, I am an electronics engineer and have played with "some" html, so show me once and I should be able to take it from there. Your help/update is much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

This is an update with the all of the fixes posted so far, I think, and the addition of images on the Products ...
    I quoted the wrong post earlier...oops!

Here's some probably needed info:
    My site is about a month and a half old.
    ZenCart v1.5.3
    Server OS: Linux 3.12.32.1415814620
    MySQL 5.5.40-36.1-log
    PHP Version: 5.4.34 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    Multi Product Copy v1392 - (installed apparently improperly).
    Easy Populate 4

What I'm trying to accomplish:
    I paid someone to launch my site and import some products. After some research I probably could have done it myself and saved the $$ but what really gave me the confidence was when I downloaded my products from Easy Populate and got the layout for import (v_products_model, v_status, etc).

I have recently updated my site with 3,000 products into a category I named "Uncategorized Items". Some of these are "on" (1), most are "off" (0). With some research I found I could write an SQL to turn all (0) to (1) which would save me tons of time as I was doing these 1 by 1 in ZenCart. I have not put in that script yet because when I opened the SQL there were warning signs about backing up my server and that made me a bit uneasy so I researched. I have since backed up my server with a tool from my hosting company (JustHost).
    I will try the script after I'm done figuring out this Multi Product Mod (or something better that is recommended).

Back to Multi Product Mod:
    I need to be able to add multiple products to one category as streamlined as possible and believe this is the tool I need.
    I installed the earlier version and you saw the outcome. My last post shows my steps and what happened (I may delete that post and keep this one to avoid confusion). Here it is again to keep in one post:

I've never installed a mod before so I followed the recommendation to a different mod (Apsona) that said to unzip into the admin folder.
    That created an entire new (tree?/Directory?) in my zcadmin folder like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Move Product Copy possible goofed installation.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	14763

Am I supposed to unzip these files on my computer first then upload each individual file to the folders on my server that they are labeled into in the zip? (keeping folder integrity). If yes, there is no "admin" folder on my server, only the "zcadmin" (and wp-admin under the "public - html" folder).

The Apsona install instructions seemed so simple but it doesn't seem that this zip is structured for that extraction type of installation because there is no "admin" folder on my server other than the "zcadmin" and extraction into it would just create an "admin" folder as it did in the picture above under the "multi_product_cop" folder it created. (Unless that's what it is supposed to do?)

I also noticed that I do not have a "boxes" folder on my server under "zcadmin". I see the option on my server to "Create Folder", would I have to do this first (create "boxes" folder)? Maybe the instructions in the "Read Me" can be updated with the simplest overview of installing these files? These installs cannot be that complicated, but it will be to someone who has never done one before such as myself.

PS: I did a search for installing a mod, that's how I found Apsona install.

Very much appreciate your assistance! :)

Plugin Contributions

Someone please delete my posts above, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Doesn't seem that anyone reads these posts...Can someone delete my posts above?
    I did a search online and found some information that helped me with installing the php files and deleting the folders I installed in the wrong place.

Move Copy Delete Install:
    I made the 3 necessary edits to the php files as instructed in the readme.txt.
    I've never installed a SQL Patch so I did a search and found I could upload it in "Install SQL Patches" under "Tools". I did that but got a blank page with an Error Message.
    I then copied the text in the .sql file into the field and clicked "send". I got a blank page with an Error Message.
    I looked into the "Log" file on my server and saw several of this exact error:

[10-Dec-2014 21:16:52 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: 1062uplicate entry 'MultipleProductCopy' for key 'page_key' :: INSERT INTO zen_admin_pages (page_key, language_key, main_page, page_params, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order) VALUES ('MultipleProductCopy', 'BOX_CATALOG_MUTLI_COPY', 'FILENAME_MULTI_COPY', '', 'catalog', 'Y', 30); ==> (as called by) /home1/pluresse/public_html/zcadmin/sqlpatch.php on line 304 <== in /home1/pluresse/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Just before these logs is this one log:
    [10-Dec-2014 20:09:41 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'multiple_product_copy.sql' at line 1 :: multiple_product_copy.sql; ==> (as called by) /home1/pluresse/public_html/zcadmin/sqlpatch.php on line 304 <== in /home1/pluresse/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

When I bought the "package" of starting this online business, I had no idea that I had to become a Software Programmer. This part wasn't mentioned. I don't mind learning new skills, at all. I only wish I would have been told that I would have to learn this side of online retails sales so I could have properly measured my short term goals. I appreciate ANYONE's help here in making this install work. Thank you in advance.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast