Plugin Contributions

Default EZ-pages suddenly missing

Hi All,
    I cannot explain it, but all my EZ-pages are gone. When I go to Tools>EZ-pages, there is nothing there.

How do I import the original set of EZ-pages? I don not want to create them all from scratch!

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ-pages suddenly missing

These are held in your database in the ezpages table. If they are not there, perhaps your host did a restore from an old backup.

Plugin Contributions

So, if I wanted to import the default set of ez-pages (say from a clean build).....

What table(s) do I export/import?

Plugin Contributions

There's no default set of ez pages in a clean build. Perhaps you are thinking of something else.

Plugin Contributions

Hate to disagree... but.... I have another shopping cart and it has a set of ez-pages, including

id, Name
    1, EZ-Pages
    14, What is EZ-Pages?

And I'm sure I did not create those!

Perhaps if someone could just tell me the table(s) in question... I could sort it out myself :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um ... those are demo pages, installed only when you select to install the demo data during installation. They are not present on a clean install without demo data. dbltoe is correct. Importing the ezpages data from a clean build is going to give you an empty table.

Why do you want to install demo data and mess up the numbering of pages you build for your own use on your live site?

But, since it sounds like you don't care that we're guiding you to make a smarter choice than what it looks like you're making, I'm sure all you really want is for us to tell you that "ezpages" data is stored in the aptly-named "ezpages" table in the database. Given the obviousness of the data location, and the fact that dbltoe has already answered that question earlier, it's even more puzzling why you're asking for this information.
    Hence the propensity to guide you towards a more logical path.

Hope that helps clarify the response you're getting ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Perhaps my inital post was not stated correctly. I did make an assumption that there was a 'default set', as my previous test site did have ez-pages configured. I did not realise that this came from the demo data. And in my second post I did say 'clean build' when perhaps I should have said 'clean build or another site/previous build'.

Taken at face value, your information is sound, and I'm all for logic. But I do have an existing site, and as I do want to import data from that site I wanted to make sure I did not miss data in a linked table. I can always have a go at fixing numbering pre import.

Please accept my apology for not noting dbltoe's inital response - what I focused on was the reference to a DB restore, which I knew was not the case. I should have done more investigation before posting.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CabernetCat View Post
    I should have done more investigation before posting.
    Not so much "more investigation", but simply stating the bigger picture behind "why" you're asking "what" you're asking, would have been helpful.
    Many times we find people posting questions asking something very specific when it's very hard to tell "why" they're asking, esp since the specific question is illogical when standing all on its own.
    And very often the discovery is that the person has jumped several steps too far into a specific "solution" that's somehow not working for them ... and if the background were stated it would become more obvious why the supposed "solution" didn't work ... because it was the wrong "solution" in the first place. In such cases the background arms us with more information to guide and direct towards a more efficient working solution, resulting in less frustration and less posting back-and-forth-fishing-for-the-rest-of-the-info.

Nothing wrong with exploring various ideas and trying out various possible solutions ... in fact we encourage that! But when the solution you've settled on isn't working, sharing the bigger picture will often help quick recovery onto the path to the better solution.

Okay, lecture over! (I hope it didn't sound like a lecture ... but the only other word I could think of was "rant", and this wasn't intended as a rant at all!)

Wishing you well with your solution.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No Worries!
    Most folks over here would not know what a floater is.
    When I see clean install or clean build that says no demo to me.
    I harp on the posting tips being answered as it helps us to help others. I don't know if we need to add "Have you installed the demo items?" but it would have helped in this situation.
    Sometimes it's the way the statement/question is phrased. "All my EZ-Pages are gone" made me jump to point the finger at a host.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your patience and feedback.