Plugin Contributions

Default Question About Payment Processing with Downloadable products

I am trying to figure out how to make my items when a person purchases a product that they can automatically be able to download it and I don't have to manually go in and select it as delivered. In addition, I'm trying to figure out how to set paypal so it automatically charges whatever the amount of the product is instead of me having to go in and select to charge the full auth amount or just part of the amount. Can someone tell me where I can go to adjust these settings? I'm using Paypal Express as my payment method.
    Last edited by Kim; 31 May 2011 at 01:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question About Payment Processing with Downloadable products

Quote Originally Posted by TheMayhem View Post
    In addition, I'm trying to figure out how to set paypal so it automatically charges whatever the amount of the product is instead of me having to go in and select to charge the full auth amount or just part of the amount.
    Sounds like you've configured your PayPal module to "Authorize Only" instead of "Final Sale".
    Change it back to "Final Sale", and then you won't have to manually capture the payment on each transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMayhem View Post
    I am trying to figure out how to make my items when a person purchases a product that they can automatically be able to download it and I don't have to manually go in and select it as delivered.
    When your customers use a payment method that doesn't immediately capture funds from the customer, the transaction is marked as "Pending", indicating that the order should NOT be delivered to the customer yet. Pending orders require that someone manually record the payment and update the order status.
    The reason your orders are being set to "Pending" is directly related to your choice of "Authorize Only" discussed above. If you change to "Final Sale", then the completed purchase will also be set to "Processing", thus allowing the customer to have immediate access to their downloadable items.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.