MODERATOR NOTE: This plugin is obsoleted by the new v4. See: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?202135
It gives me great pleasure to announce a new version of our Ceon Manual Card software for Zen Cart.
This version is considerably easier to install or upgrade than previous versions and has some much-requested new functionality (including surcharge/discount support).
An overview of the module and the full feature list follow:
This payment module provides everything a Zen Cart store needs to accept credit/debit card payments for inputting into a manual/offline card processing system.
It is reliable, capable and extremely easy to use, but is a very basic way to do business over the internet and is therefore recommended for use by tiny stores only. Anyone serious about selling on the internet should use a payment gateway.
Support for many Card Types
- Each card type can be enabled or disabled at the click of a button inside the admin. Cards supported:
- Visa Debit
- MasterCard Debit
- American Express
- Visa Electron (UKE)
- Diners Club International
- If you would like additional card types added please consult the FAQs in the documentation.
Can gather the following information:
- Card Holder's Name
- Card Type
- Card Number
- Expiry Date
- CV2 Number
- Start Date (Maestro/American Express)
- Issue Number (Maestro)
Sends Sensitive Data via E-mail
- The CV2 number and middle digits of the card number are sent in an e-mail to the store owner.
- This means that the full details don't need to be stored on the server and is by far the most secure way to collect card details for manual/offline processing.
- The rest of the details can be accessed at all times through the “Orders” section of the store's admin.
Surcharges/Discounts Support [NEW for 3.0.0]
- In collaboration with another of our modules, the Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts Order Total module:
- each Card Type can have an individual surcharge or discount rate specified which applies to all Order Values, or
- each Card Type can even have a full range of surcharge/discount rates specified, so that differing Order Value ranges result in differing surcharge/discount rates being applied!
- The rates for individual cards can even be different according to the country the billing address is in and/or the currency being used!
- This all means that store owners can pass the cost of accepting certain card types onto their customers, or offer their customers discounts for using particular card types.
- The Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts module can be downloaded for free from the Ceon website and is simple to use/integrate with stores!
- In order to catch any problems with card details entered by the customer as quickly and easily as possible, this module will not only alert the customer to any incorrect information when they attempt to submit the form, it will actually highlight the form fields which require their attention.
- This helps to minimise the number customers getting frustrated and leaving at the last hurdle!
Icons for each Type of Credit/Debit Card Accepted
- If this option is enabled in the admin, icons are displayed for each credit/debit card accepted.
- This looks very professional for the store!
Cards Accepted Sidebox
- A “Cards Accepted” sidebox also comes with the module, allowing the dynamic display of icons for each type of credit/debit card accepted by the store.
- This lets customers know what card types are accepted even before they've reached the checkout stage.
Retains entered Card Details right throughout the checkout process
- If the customer returns to the payment page (for example, to change their shipping address, or if they realise at the confirmation stage of the checkout procedure that they have entered some incorrect information), the card details they entered previously will be automatically restored!
- This prevents any frustration with customers having to re-enter their details, something which unfortunately has to happen with most other payment modules.
- In turn this feature helps to prevent customers leaving at the last hurdle!
- An option is available to specify whether the details to be stored temporarily in the session should include the “sensitive” card details (Card Number and Card CV2 Number). If this option is enabled, these sensitive details are encrypted in the session using the Blowfish algorithm, to protect the confidentiality of the details as best as possible.
Automatically selects itself as the current payment method when customer uses any field
- Whenever the customer uses any of the Ceon Manual Card fields on the checkout payment page, the software automatically selects itself as the current payment method, saving customers time and frustration when they forget to select the payment method they are using.
Quick and Easy Installation or Upgrading [New for 3.0.0]
- Thanks to its automatic database creation functionality and automatic upgrade functionality, Ceon Manual Card is exceptionally easy to install or upgrade.
Dynamic Start Date and Issue Number support
- Certain cards (American Express) may need a Start Date to be supplied for authorisation to take place, while certain cards (Maestro) may need an Issue Number to be supplied.
- Ceon Manual Card dynamically displays the necessary form gadgets to capture this information from the user, based on the card types enabled in the admin.
Option to not even ask for a Start Date [New for 3.0.0]
- Some stores don't need to collect the start date from their customers. For this reason there is an option to remove the start date fields altogether, so the customer is not asked for it.
Support for cards without a CV2 Number
- A small minority of cards have no CV2 number. If a customer has filled in all card details except for the CV2 number, they can be given the option to indicate that their card has no CV2 number.
- This is totally automatic. The module can detect if a customer is trying to use a card without a CV2 number and will ask them to confirm if they have made a mistake, or to confirm that there is no CV2 number on their card. Otherwise they will be asked to correct their oversight.
- This is necessary for Laser cards as many of them tend not to have CV2 numbers.
Option to not even ask for a CV2 Number [New for 2.2.0]
- Some stores don't need to collect the CV2 number from their customers. For this reason there is an option to remove the CV2 number field altogether, so the customer is not asked for the card's CV2 number.
Ability to Disable Autocomplete
- Some browsers store credit/debit card numbers and/or CV2 numbers entered in the form fields and then automatically insert them in the form fields when a user returns to a website.
- This can be quite disconcerting to customers, so the option to have this browser feature disabled is offered (and set by default) by Ceon Manual Card.
Start/Expiry Date Format Specification
- The format of the text to be used for the Start/Expiry Date selection gadgets can be specified in the module's configuration.
Debug Output Mode
- Sometimes there can be problems with a store's settings. The debug mode allows you to see what information was to be sent, so you can check the settings. Most stores should never need this functionality though so it is disabled by default.
The module can be downloaded now from here.
It has also been submitted to the downloads area and should be available there soon.
This is now the official support thread for the software.
All the best...