Plugin Contributions

Default Automated Packing Slip Emailer Module (to my shipping department)?

Hi Guys,

So far I have only been able to find a module that allows me to insert a number representing a drop shipper and insert that digit into every product. An email will be sent to each drop shipper depending on the procuts in each order.

Not only is this module a bit scary (because it does a TON of modifications to the SQL tables) it's also unnecessary because all of my products get shipped from one area: my warehouse.

There is another module that generates an HTML file that has to be downloaded by FTP, but for the people in my warehouse this might be a bit too complicated.

Likewise, I've found invoice mailers, but I don't want the prices emailed to the warehouse.

I have PMed CalJJ for his module and received no response from him.

Does anyone have a module that automatically send the contents of an order or packing slip via email?

Regards,

Ryan
    Last edited by Lockerroom; 1 Jun 2011 at 07:49 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automated Packing Slip Emailer Module (to my shipping department)?

Ryan,

Depending on how handy you are with a bit of php, it should be fairly easy to send some packing list emails when someone orders from your store.

The file that is called as part of the checkout process is: /includes/classes/order.php

There's a function at the bottom of that file called send_order_email() which could be modified to send an email to your warehouse.

Obviously this is a core ZenCart file so consideration needs to be made for that, but it should be fairly straightforward.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automated Packing Slip Emailer Module (to my shipping department)?

Ryan, I've created a rudimentary Packing Slip Emailer Module for you if you're still looking for something. Let me know if you're interested. I went the official route instead of hacking the core files mentioned in my post above. When I get a chance I'll post the code here for anyone else looking for similar feature.