Thread: CKEditor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CKEditor

Well that doesn't work. Bored of trying to install it now.

put editor file above admin and uploaded, uploaded admin to admin file. It doesn't work.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKEditor

Sorry, but you mean it doesn't work for you.
    Maybe if you gave us a little more information we can help you, to make it work on your site too.
    Which version of zen cart and ck editor are you using, which language?
    It is a very easy straight forward mod to install, so we should get it working for you too.

Plugin Contributions

So they tell me but it doesn't seem to easy to me. zen cart 1.5.0 and ckeditor 3.7c.

Its made me pretty MAD. I tried installing wyzz instead but that wont work either. Clearly I am incredibly stupid. I cant really see what i could be doing wrong, i just upload via filezilla. i put the includes into includes and the editors file has gone into editors, its been placed above the admin file as well which seems to be called public_html on my setup, its in both atm but it still wont work.
    Any help would be appreciated before I do myself an injury. If I go offline you'll know why. The computer will ready for recylcling.

Plugin Contributions

Well You have the right version of module and zen cart, so that is not the problem. Also assuming the files are in the right place, which seems to be the case reading your description.
    Can you choose the editor when in your admin you go to configuration => My Store = HTML Editor ? (at the bottom of the list)

Plugin Contributions

No, theres just nothing. Would the fact I have installed a template from azienda be a factor? Its all i can think of. I tried changing templates back to the default one but still its a no show. Just not there. I have done the upload a few times as well, its all there on my server but nothing on zen cart.
    I really need a better text editor, its holding me up badly. :'(

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you might be putting the 'editors' folder from the mod into the 'editors' folder on your site. That's not right. You want to change the name of the 'admin' folder in the mod to the name of your custom admin folder, and drag that folder and the 'editors' folder from the mod to the root (top) directory on your site.

Check the /editors folder on your site to see if the 'cke' folder is in there.
    Last edited by stevesh; 4 Oct 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thnaks for replies, that is what i have done first off, i only stuck it in the editors in the editors folder as well as a last resort, it hasn't made any difference, i can remove it from there if necessary. I have ask my webhosting people to try and have alook at it so hopefully they will be able to see the problem. They are pretty good i have to say.

Plugin Contributions

well my admin file is not the public_html file its got some bizarre lettering starting with Z given to it by my webhoster, apparently it should have gone in that includes file and not the includes file under public_html although the rest of the path is identical.

Hopefully it might work now.

Plugin Contributions

Super, it appears in the drop down box now in the zen cart page. Bad news is that is all thats happened. My text box still looks and acts exactly the same when i go define page editor and yes i have changed it to CKEditor under the configuration/mystore. OMG.

Plugin Contributions

Well that is a start
    Now clear the cache of your web browser and see if CKEditor works. If using another language than English you may have to upload the additional language file for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast