Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Log-In page blank

Using 1.3.9 (I believe).
    Reloaded TinyMCE, because it wasn't working correctly. After finishing the FTP, attempted to log into the zen cart admin to test. However, the page comes up blank.

Tried the items in the FAQ: rename .htacess, clear browser, cookies and cache. (Tried on 3 different computers same problem).

Installed a new zen cart in a sub-directory to start comparing files. My client has several months invested in building her product pages, so I don't want to go too crazy.

Which files in admin can I not replace? If I can get her back into the admin pages, she'll be happy.

I replaced .htacess, index.php and login.php from the known good install and it still doesn't work.

By the way, tinymce doesn't work properly in the new zc install either. (Any tool button clicked opens a new version of the sites index.html)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Log-In page blank

Read this tutorial please:
    and report back with the last 3 errors in this folder:
    root directory/ cache
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

The problem occurred today, and the last 3 errors are over a week ago, but here they are:

text/x-log myDEBUG-1306818221-298276.log
    ASCII text, with very long lines

[31-May-2011 00:03:41] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/keepitp1/public_html/includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 114
    [31-May-2011 00:03:41] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/keepitp1/public_html/includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 114

text/x-log myDEBUG-1306765703-97828.log

[30-May-2011 09:28:24] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/keepitp1/public_html/includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 114
    [30-May-2011 09:28:24] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/keepitp1/public_html/includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 114

text/x-log myDEBUG-1306508668-595633.log

[27-May-2011 10:04:28] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/keepitp1/public_html/includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 114
    [27-May-2011 10:04:28] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/keepitp1/public_html/includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 114

Plugin Contributions

What you need to do is reback track your tiny upload and replace those files you have loaded on zen cart back with the original zen core .php file...
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

So, by your reply, I presume that .php files aren't modified by using the system?

Can you tell me what files are used by the zen cart admin login?

Plugin Contributions

can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by geotnt View Post
    PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...
    That message is telling you that a file it's looking for is missing ... and names the file, as I've highlighted for your convenience.

It's got nothing to do with your admin access though.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by geotnt View Post
    Can you tell me what files are used by the zen cart admin login?
    If your admin page is coming up blank, it's almost certain that it's *not* related to "login" specifically.
    Instead, you've likely corrupted one or more critical bootstrap files that are used to load *every* admin page, hence the "blank screen" indicating that you've triggered a PHP error, either due to a syntax error in something you've edited, or a file that's been incompletely uploaded or is deleted/missing, etc.

The debug logging explained at https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 would normally create myDebug-adm-xxxx.log files, but if you've damaged a file that's loaded even before the logging system is initialized, then of course it can't prepare those logs for you.

Here's the recommended approach for you: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That's a place to start.

Now, let me ask. If I decide to go with a completely new install of Zen Cart, what files do I need to keep in order to restore the store items? Are the files in the root directory, or in the Zen Cart admin directory?

This all started because tinyMCE wasn't working properly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um ... if by "restore the store items" you're referring to your "products", then the answer is: neither. That information is in the database, not PHP files.

Re-installing is probably overkill. But if you do, be sure you take a database backup before you do ANYTHING, because it sounds like you're not understanding what the database is, and since a "new install" involves emptying the database, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up wiping everything out.

Instead, I would suggest simply undoing whatever you did when you uploaded files the other day. I'm guessing you put some files in the wrong places ... and the comparison I pointed you to would expose that quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast