Thread: Admin Users

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Users

This is a two fold, but related, question. I am very new to Zen. I hope to go live in a week.

1) Do many of you use the Invoice & Packing Slip from Zen/Admin, or do you just take orders from your email messages and process them on a hand written invoice, or through software like Quickbooks?

2) Can I set up another user account with privileges limited to just order processing? How do you handle this?

I ask because if I use Zen/Admin for this it would mean that I need to give my login/password to my employees to process the orders. That would eventually be a disaster as they would at some point screw things all up either accidentally or on purpose having access to Admin.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Users

I always us the Packing Slip, Invoice to print and send orders...

Question 2:
    admin panel/ configuration/ email settings/ Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I thought of your answer to #2. My thought is that if I have to have an employee get the orders from an email account, then I will never be using the built in invoicing features of Zen, which might be pretty handy. I also don't know if I would have to go into Admin anyway to finish an order somehow (I have not studied this yet). That seems like just doing things twice.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can add additional users to do admin tasks.

And, if you *do* use your admin to update order information, then your customers get the benefit of seeing their order details and status in real time. Otherwise all they see is that they placed an order, and no information about you shipping it or a tracking number you might enter, or that the order has ever been fulfilled.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Good points about the account info. That sounds like the best way to handle orders.

I have seen nothing in admin about users, and just searched admin using the 'configuration search' and nothing came up. Where do I add a user? Can I limit them to order processing only? I can't give access to all of my sites' admin to an order processing employee. If they got upset, they could delete everything.

Plugin Contributions

You add users via Admin > Tools > Admin Settings

You can control who has access to what pages by installing the Admin Profiles add-on.

And on your question of how people process orders ... all but one of our clients use the Zen Cart admin, and issue invoices from there (though for some we pump it up a bit by generating them as pdfs which give a much greater control over the layout. There's a mod for that, but I don't know how good it is, as we use our own custom-written code.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all. I will have this Addon installed.