Plugin Contributions

help question Product Listing Page - Can I make the Buy Now Button Go to Product page?

When I view all products in a category, if the product has attributes and you click more info, you will go to the Product info page. But if there is no attributes and you click buy now, it will add the product to the cart.

I would prefer to set my website to ALWAYS take the customer to the product info page, not to just add the product to the cart.

How can I change this setting? (btw, I have changed all more info wording into Click Here)

The main page in question is my Artists collection page, which you can view by following this link -

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listing Page - Can I make the Buy Now Button Go to Product page?

*Update* I fixed the problem, not sure if this is how I was suppose to fix it, but it works.

Here is what I did for future users with the same issue.

I fixed the issue by editing the product_listing.php file located in includes/modules/my_templates_name/ directory.

At line 149 I change this coding -

$lc_price = zen_get_products_display_price($listing->fields['products_id']) . '<br><br><a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"') . '</a>';

To this -

$lc_price = zen_get_products_display_price($listing->fields['products_id']) . '<br><br><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"') . '</a>';

And now zencart works the way I wanted it to work.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listing Page - Can I make the Buy Now Button Go to Product page?

The only problem with that is that you are likely to annoy your customers who actually expect the buy Now button to do just that, not take them to another page.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I agree with Ryk - possibly mitigate this by using the "More Info" button instead?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

That's why I labeled the button Click Here, instead of buy now. Already thought of that and my sales have increased by making that change.