Plugin Contributions

Default New Products option disappeared from Layout Settings

www.on-grade.ca/site_clone

Hello all,

I was trying to change the products that were being shown on the 'New Products' page and my 'What's New Carousel' sidebox add-on. I went to admin >configuration > layout settings, where I then changed a setting whose name now escapes me (New Product Listing, perhaps?). This option allowed me to choose a number of days that included new products (some options included Past Month, 30 Days, 60 Days, 120 Days, etc). I chose Past Month, saved and checked my test site. The What's New sidebox disappeared! I returned to admin > configuration > layout settings, but when I did I discovered that the title for the option was completely removed from the list.

So, the sidebox is activated but not appearing on my site. The option I used that caused the problem has disappeared. Thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Products option disappeared from Layout Settings

When you get a store-bought template you literally "pay your money and take your chances."

Only thing I could think of without being able to get to your admin is that you may not have reset the layout boxes controller.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Only thing I could think of without being able to get to your admin is that you may not have reset the layout boxes controller.
    Sadly, this is not the case. I can confirm that the 'What's New' sidebox is currently turned on.

Plugin Contributions

The options you are looking for are in Admin>Configuratin>Maximu Values>New Product Listing - Limited to ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DKunev View Post
    The options you are looking for are in Admin>Configuratin>Maximu Values>New Product Listing - Limited to ...
    You are correct. Well, so much for that mystery. Setting it to 0 also brought the 'what's new' sidebox back to life, albeit in it's default form instead of the carousel form it should appear in based on the add-on I installed.

But I suppose that's a problem for a different thread.