Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning: an error occurred

Hi Erin,

Quote Originally Posted by ecclescake View Post
    I see "Warning: an error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." This usually seems to crop up on a database error, but there's nothing in my myDEBUG cache.
    The debug cache is indeed the first place I'd look. It does sound like the sort of problem that is caused by a file being corrupt or missing. I'd reupload all the files again, and also check that the value for DIR_FS_CATALOG is correct in your configure.php file.

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor, and thanks so much for your quick response!

So I triple-checked all the files, re-downloaded the mod and copied the new version of all the files across, to no avail. This was all on my local machine, so I figured I'd try uploading and installing on my dev store and see what happened. Same error message when I tried to access the link from the notification-subscribe email, only now there was also a message in the debug cache. Turns out that subscription_code, name, and email_address were created with the latin_swedish_ci collation and the rest of my DB is in latin_general_ci! I changed the collation of those columns and tried subscribing to another product. Works great!

However! The dev store isn't sending content in the subscription notification emails. In the HTML email I just get $EMAIL_HTML_MESSAGE, and the text-only email is completely blank. My local install sends these messages fine, and the dev store sends other emails fine. I'm a little fuzzy on the email system--is the email being constructed in admin/functions/back_in_stock_notifications_functions.php? Any debugging tips?

Thanks again,
    erin.
    Current ZC version: 1.5, upgraded manually from 1.3.9h.
    Mods: CEON URI mapping, Column Layout Grid, EZ Thumbnails, EZ Page Improved TOC, Giftwrap, Hide Categories, Integrated COWOA, USPS and Shipstation, CKEditor.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Hi Conor, and thanks so much for your quick response!
    No problem.

Turns out that subscription_code, name, and email_address were created with the latin_swedish_ci collation and the rest of my DB is in latin_general_ci! I changed the collation of those columns and tried subscribing to another product. Works great!
    I'm glad you've got that sorted now.. it's strange that your local environment doesn't create the debug files.. obviously they are very handy so I'd do what I could to have it work "as well as" the development server, make problems like this easier to identify in the future.

However! The dev store isn't sending content in the subscription notification emails. In the HTML email I just get $EMAIL_HTML_MESSAGE, and the text-only email is completely blank. My local install sends these messages fine, and the dev store sends other emails fine. I'm a little fuzzy on the email system--is the email being constructed in admin/functions/back_in_stock_notifications_functions.php? Any debugging tips?
    The e-mail is actually constructed in includes/modules/pages/back_in_stock_notification_subscribe/header_php.php

It would appear you do indeed have a problem with your e-mail system.. $EMAIL_HTML_MESSAGE is built by Zen Cart with the content sent to it by the zen_mail() function used within sendBackInStockNotificationSubscriptionEmail(). Trace your e-mail function (zen_mail()) and see why it isn't taking the input given to it and building the e-mail properly!

Hope that helps!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tips, Conor. Here's what I found:

The output of sendBackInStockNotificationSubscriptionEmail() seems to be correct: it's an array like the following:
    Code:
    [EMAIL_TEXT_HEADER] => Order Confirmation
        [EMAIL_TEXT_FROM] =>  from 
        [INTRO_STORE_NAME] => Store Name
        [GREETING] => Dear
        [CUSTOMER_NAME] => My Name
        [INTRO1] => You have successfully subscribed to the Back In Stock Notification List for:
        [PRODUCT_NAME] => Product A
        [INTRO2] => We shall send you an e-mail when it is back in stock!
        [URL_INTRO] => If you did not request to be subscribed to this list or have simply changed your mind and don't want to be informed when this product is back in stock, please log into your Account and unsubscribe yourself:
        [URL_TEXT] => Go to My Account
        [URL_VALUE] => https://www.shopurl.com/index.php?ma..._notifications
        [EXTRA_INFO] =>
    That same array ends up inside zen_mail(). Anytime I log the value of $ErrorInfo within the zen_mail() function, it's an empty string. When I log $email_text or $text just before line 148 of functions_email() (just before //eof: body of the email cleanup) I just get an empty string. My functions_email() is identical to the stock 1.5 file.

Also, when I look in the email_archive table in my DB, I see $EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML in place of the body of the email. It looks like the mod is outputting correctly, zen_mail() is taking the array and not generating an error string, yet the email that is archived and arrives in my inbox is incorrect.

I will send you more details privately and hopefully we can get this sorted!

Conor, I've sent you a donation as a token of thanks for your great mods and helpful support. (I know you know that already, but I hope to encourage others to do the same--the Ceon mods and support really are top-notch! They are more than worth a few bucks!)

erin.
    Current ZC version: 1.5, upgraded manually from 1.3.9h.
    Mods: CEON URI mapping, Column Layout Grid, EZ Thumbnails, EZ Page Improved TOC, Giftwrap, Hide Categories, Integrated COWOA, USPS and Shipstation, CKEditor.

Plugin Contributions

Very useful mod, Conor.

Just installed it on a (heavily modified) 1.3.9h store and it works a treat.

Donation is on its way - I encourage all fellow zenners who are using this mod to make a donation to the author.

Thanks again / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Hi Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Very useful mod, Conor.

Just installed it on a (heavily modified) 1.3.9h store and it works a treat.

Donation is on its way - I encourage all fellow zenners who are using this mod to make a donation to the author.

Thanks again / Frank
    Thanks so much for that, it's so good of you to have done that!

I'm really glad you like the module and that it is useful to your store.. I hope it increases your sales dramatically, you certainly deserve it! :)

Hopefully I can get an even nicer new version released for you soon and it can help your store further again. ;)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kjetil,

Quote Originally Posted by kjetilhansen View Post
    I would like to install this, but it said in the plugin thread that it changes the buy now, with notify when back in stock. On my page people can still buy products that is out of stock, and they will be first in line when the items are back in stock. Is there an option that there is just the box beneath the product description that customers can be mailed when they are back in stock, and other can still buy things that is not in stock?
    It adds a form to subscribe as well as a link to this form underneath the Buy Now button.

You can have the Buy Now button continue to work but it is a case of one or the other in terms of what customers do.. they can subscribe to the list or buy but not both at the same time. If they want to both subscribe and buy then they need to go to the product page twice.

Best way to see if this is fine for you (which I think it would be) is to just install the software and try it out, it doesn't take long.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. Will do, great work btw :)

Plugin Contributions

On the admin side on the list of Products with Subscriptions, is it possible to add a column showing the model number? This would definitely help when I'm reordering products. I am using Zen 1.5. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by KathyG View Post
    On the admin side on the list of Products with Subscriptions, is it possible to add a column showing the model number? This would definitely help when I'm reordering products. I am using Zen 1.5. Thanks.
    Yes, it certainly is possible. Just update the SQL in admin/back_in_stock_notifications.php to load the products' model data and modify the output code to add in a new column/cells/header cell for product model.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast