Plugin Contributions

Default Moving Site to new account with same host HELP!!

Hello

I have my site for example mysite.com host with godaddy

So I need to move my site to another plan same place with godaddy

I already have the new plan and upload all the files (they only way to change plans "i have to closed one account and open a new one")

right now I have 2 account with godaddy and I'll cancel the old when I'm finish with the new account

The problem they just create a name for my new account it's new.mysite.com It's a new account not a subdomain they told me when i'm ready they will change that back to mysite.com

So I having problem to set up configure.php in admin and includes because is not a subdomain of my site...

What could be the name I have to used in configure.php

I try /html/new and few other any help please

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving Site to new account with same host HELP!!

Don't go editing your configure.php files by hand. Let zc_install build the correct contents *for* you: do a fresh NEW install of an EMPTY site, and then test it. And THEN put your real site's files onto the new server (except let it keep the newly-created configure.php files)

The exact procedure you should follow is outlined here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

The only think is in my head my domain for my new account is temporally new.mysite.com it's a new account and not a subdomain...

will be better to get a new domain mysite.net? to do the test....because my other site still live mysite.com

After I get it to work I think will be a lot easier to change configure..

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Install it so that it works *now*. And then when your URL changes later, you can alter the HTTP_SERVER setting to put your real domain on it.

You want to let zc_install calculate all the paths in all the other settings to suit your new server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.