Plugin Contributions

Default user validation/approval for donations

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to setup a site to collect donations, but only from approved members.

I need to create a site for a non-profit community, but only the members of the community should be allowed to donate, hence I need the potential donor to register, and only after being verified s/he is a member of the community have the account activated in order to proceed with donations.

Also is it possible to have the "product price" - read donation amount - be let free for them to fill at the member's will?

Thank you.

p.s. if Zen Cart is not suitable for such a setting, does anyone have a suggestion of some open-source platform for that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: user validation/approval for donations

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to setup a site to collect donations, but only from approved members.

I need to create a site for a non-profit community, but only the members of the community should be allowed to donate, hence I need the potential donor to register, and only after being verified s/he is a member of the community have the account activated in order to proceed with donations.
    Yes you can set zen to allow only approved members to shop

Also is it possible to have the "product price" - read donation amount - be let free for them to fill at the member's will?

you would need to set up a basic donation and add attributes as an increase eg +$5 +$10 etc

Thank you.

p.s. if Zen Cart is not suitable for such a setting, does anyone have a suggestion of some open-source platform for that?

Plugin Contributions

Yes you can set zen to allow only approved members to shop
    Thank you, how do you do that?

Plugin Contributions

In Admin>configuration>customer details:

Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending set to 3
    Customer shop Status - set to 2

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I'll try, but I'm afraid it is not exactly what I needed, I'll open another thread in case.

Plugin Contributions

Just use the 1 thread you do not need a new one ...

One thing you could use is the Group Pricing where you add a customer to a Group and control the use of that Group ID as the a switch to allow a customer to use a given Product ...

This could be done with some customization to the code to manage the Product for purchase based on the customer belonging to the Group ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Linda, sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't check back the thread, as Donal's settings did what I needed ... I chek in the admin/customers, and see the ones not activated yet, then I give them authorization, the ones not eligible will be deleted from the list.

BTW
    as for the "pricing" instead of Donal's suggestion to use attributes, I followed kuroi's one here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181682

Again, I apologize for not keeping track of new posts.