Plugin Contributions

Default Admin move issue

I installed a development instance of zencart on my server. I did the install as I usually would then moved the admin. After I moved the admin and browsed to the new admin location I got this error message:

1146 Table 'databasename.project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Any ideas what is going on here? Any ideas on a way I can correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin move issue

Read this thread that is very similar to your situation:
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

I had thought of that as a possible issue but I do have the same prefix set in both config files.

Plugin Contributions

Take another look at the online version of the admin/includes/configure.php file - to make sure that you have changed all 3 instances of /admin/ to /new-admin-name/

Vger

Plugin Contributions

I just checked. I changed the path in three spots.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by geeker View Post
    I installed a development instance of zencart on my server. I did the install as I usually would then moved the admin. After I moved the admin and browsed to the new admin location I got this error message:

1146 Table 'databasename.project_version' doesn't exist
    The error message means exactly what it says: the table named "project_version" (note: no prefix) in the database named "databasename" doesn't exist.
    You can see it for yourself by viewing your "databasename" database in phpMyAdmin and finding that there is indeed no table named "project_version" in there.

That can occur for many reasons:
    - wrong database specified
    - wrong prefix specified
    - you've emptied the database
    - server/username/password points to a database on a different server than what you thought you were using

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The error message means exactly what it says: the table named "project_version" (note: no prefix) in the database named "databasename" doesn't exist.
    You can see it for yourself by viewing your "databasename" database in phpMyAdmin and finding that there is indeed no table named "project_version" in there.

That can occur for many reasons:
    - wrong database specified
    - wrong prefix specified
    - you've emptied the database
    - server/username/password points to a database on a different server than what you thought you were using
    I altered the error message as to not expose the prefix I am using but there is a prefix.

I understand what the error message means. I was wondering if I was missing something. I didn't change anything and the only reason I could see this database not existing would be that it failed to create this one database when I ran the install. I literally installed zencart and then went through the steps required to rename the admin.

Any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Should I reinstall zencart? Should I just create that table based on my other zencart install?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Renaming your admin path has nothing to do with your database. The only way it could impact it is if your edits to the configure.php file changed any of the DB_xxxx settings, or if perhaps you uploaded the wrong (ie: old) or different configure.php file to the server by mistake.

I was hoping that the list I gave might inspire you to look into your database and see what's actually there.

So, to be much more specific:
    a) login to your hosting account
    b) find the file manager, and use it to find the admin configure.php file in question
    c) view the file's contents, and compare that with what you think is supposed to be there. THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM is that people *think* they made changes properly, but didn't because the file was read-only and didn't "take" the settings because the changes couldn't save/upload due to permission restrictions.
    d) note also the DB_xxxxx settings in that file
    e) open phpMyAdmin
    f) select the database ... NOTE: I specifically mean to select the same database as mentioned in your configure.php file
    g) look at the list of tables presented ... do they all have the same prefix that you've specified in your DB_PREFIX of your configure.php file?
    What patterns exist there?
    Are tables indeed missing? Why might that be?

etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.