Plugin Contributions

Default back to the admin homepage after adding item

sometimes when adding or updating a new item, and I click on 'add' or 'update', I get redirected to the admin homepage instead of the category in which I was adding/updating the item, and the item is not saved,

what is going wrong and how can I fix this ?

regards,
    Fons

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: back to the admin homepage after adding item

Sounds symptomatic of using mixed code from old addons which don't have securityTokens set in their forms.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: back to the admin homepage after adding item

The redirect to the admin homepage can be caused by a missing securityToken in the form which had been POSTed as described here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Contributions

However, there's a second reason for this to be happening... One of my users kept complaining about it and it took me ages to find out what it was. He was simply using the admin from a few different browser tabs at once. If you open a (post) form in one browser tab and then browse the admin pages from a second tab then the new security code can be generated on the server from the new tab and when you submit the form in the original tab it will fail the validation (maybe you need to logout/timeout and log back in in the second tab to achieve the error).

Hopefully it will save some time for someone with creative admin-users. It took me ages to find out :-/