Plugin Contributions

Default ALL PayPal orders getting "stuck"

I have "View Stuck PayPal Orders" installed for the occasions when PayPal IPN orders don't actually make it all the way through. I have used this for a long time, but recently I've had to use it for EVERY SINGLE PAYPAL ORDER!! Any ideas what might be going on?

It's one thing to receive a PayPal payment here and there and not have the order show in the Admin side, but since trying to recover from a nasty crash of the website, I've had to use the push module on every single paypal order.

Can anyone offer suggestions how I might be able to fix this?

Also, when I recovered the site, we had to go back to very old files to finally get it working and this shows stuck PayPal orders that are six months old. How do I clear those without actually pushing them through to become orders? They are old orders and were processed long ago.

Using version 1.3.7. I have tried to upgrade numerous times, unsuccessfully. I pretty much kill my entire website each time I try to upgrade, so that's not an option for me until I can locate someone who knows how to do it without ruining the site.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALL PayPal orders getting "stuck"

Paypal IPN is old and buggy. Zen Cart 1.3.7 is old and buggy. Paypal has been making changes to how IPN works (see here). All-in-all it's a minor miracle that you can get transactions through at all.

The only way forward is to upgrade your Zen Cart and switch to a more recent Paypal API such as Express Checkout or Website Payments Pro.

If you need help upgrading, you might try the Help Wanted resource: www.zen-cart.com/helpwanted
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALL PayPal orders getting "stuck"

Thanks for the info, I got PayPal Express installed. Will see how it works when the next PayPal order comes through. I can't send myself payments, so I can't test it yet.

Do you know how to clear those old orders out of the stuck orders without actually pushing them through to become orders in the Admin?

Thanks! :-)