Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible to use Wordpress header/footer layout or theme in zencart?

Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible to integrate wordpress and zencart in such a way that zencart uses the them of wordpress, particularly the header and footer?

I want to use wordpress as the frontend of the site, and have zencart handle the shopping cart. I already have a nice template in wordpress and it's pretty difficult to migrate that to zencart, hence I was wondering if I can use the wordpress header/footer in zencart.

This is different from the WOZ module where the blog can be inserted s sidebars for zencart. I just want to reuse the header and footer, so if I change the wordpress theme, then the zencart look also gets replaced.

Any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to use Wordpress header/footer layout or theme in zencart?

I'm just starting to play around with Wordpress, but from what I've seen, it's apples and oranges. Short answer... No. Long answer... you can probably duplicate much of the look of your Wordpress template in Zen Cart, but you can't use the Wordpress template itself. The two would be incompatible.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to use Wordpress header/footer layout or theme in zencart?

even just the header/footer and not the whole template? both will be in their separate folders, like zencart under /store while WP under /blog.

Plugin Contributions

You can use the same header and/or footer images in both Wordpress and Zencart, but, as you say, the images would need to be stored in both filesets and called from the respective stylesheets.

I've found it easier to style Zencart, then style Wordpress to match, but someone more familiar with Wordpress might prefer to do it the other way around.