Plugin Contributions

Default How do I implement ZenCart into my existing website?

I have installed the most recent ZenCart, and from what I can see you must execute the ZenCart Index.PHP file at startup.

How do I implement "MY" web pages iunto this?

I use Expression Web to publish my site, and EW sees a blank page in preview when looking at Index.PHP, only the code appears. I do not undestand the code enough to copy my pics and text into this code.

Can anyone please help me? Is ZenCart right for me?

Please help!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I implement ZenCart into my existing website?

We need more information to know how to advise you. What does your current site do, and what do you want to do/sell with Zen Cart? Seeing what you have would be good.
    You can't directly put HTML pages into Zen Cart, especially ones created by a "publisher" program - they are generally very messy HTML. You can paste clean HTML content into "define pages" or "ez-pages" in Zen Cart - look at the tutorials.

The best way to handle a site would usually be to use Zen Cart as the whole site and have your existing content in its pages.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

My site is www.Adaxial.com and I intend to sell baby rptiles, both lizards and snakes.

I want my home page to display the two pictures on the home page now, and I need buttons or links like the ones on the left to pages which will eventually take you to snakes for sale. At that time I'd like to have the option to "Add To Cart", and later "Check Out" and pay via Paypay, money order, check, or credit card through PayPal.

I need to do this via Expression web because I do not understand HTML. Is this possible, or do I need to learn HTML and/or other technologies?

Plugin Contributions

You will need to learn some basic HTML and CSS to do anything customized. There are good tutorials at www.w3schools.com and lots of other places.

You can alter the Zen Cart home page to look similar to what you have, starting with admin switches to turn on or off various elements, then CSS in your template's stylesheet for colors, fonts, etc. I would advise using the ez-pages sidebox menu to point to the various pages you have, which can mostly be pasted into ez-pages or some of the stock Zen Cart pages like contact or shipping info.