Plugin Contributions

Default Search input leading to 500 internal error page.....

Hello, last night I was customizing some pages, and today I noticed that if I use the search box it leads to a 500 internal error page. The very strange thing is that if I input random letters that would not find anything (ex. slijdfoijl;skdf), it goes to the search page where it requests more search criteria, but if I put a real word, it goes to the 500 page.

No debugging error reports are showing up in my cache folder.

One of the pages I had messed with was the header_php.php page in the advanced_search_result folder but I have restored that from a backup.

A side question, when I restore files, I want to keep a backup of the file that I've modified in case I want to add the changes back. I just rename that file whatever.old.php (ex. header_old.php), and then upload the backup/unmodified file, and keep them both in the folder (so I'd have header.php and header_old.php in the same folder). Does this cause problems?

Anyway, does anyone know where I might look to figure out why my search box isn't working? If you want to see it in action, it's at www.blackorchidcouture.com.

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Search input leading to 500 internal error page.....

500 errors are errors caused on the server by the changes you made - and so won't show up in your website's log files. You'll need to restore the site to exactly how it was before you began making changes. Going to your Search Box won't tell us anything, because the Page Source will be blank except for a small amount of HTML code.

It's not a good idea to keep backup files on your website, best to keep them offline - especially if you rename then with extensions which can be read by outsiders e.g. something.php.txt

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Search input leading to 500 internal error page.....

Thank you!

I actually just went into that advanced_search_result folder and deleted that backup file I'd renamed with _old, and the search is now working! I guess it does affect the function of the cart...

Thanks again!